Newish to the reef world

Brfoster77

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 11, 2023
Messages
13
Reaction score
44
Location
Somerset
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. Somewhat new to the reefing world. My significant other has previously had salt water, and some coral. I on the other hand, have kept gold fish and catfish I caught in the creek. So... this is a yuuuge learning curve for me.

So now.. we just set up a tank and sump setup that was previously used, but has been sitting dry for at least 4 years. We've reused every piece that came with the setup, 200 gal dial overflow tank, plumbing, Eshopps R-200 sump, and return pump. I'm here for advice/ help/ suggestions for the plumbing/ return/ sump, as I've never had anything like this before. Don't want to overload this first thread, so, I'll go start reading what I can find, but hello to all!
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Welcome, and watch brs 52 weeks of reefing for some great information. Just remember brs is a retailer and gonna push the stuff they sell, but all points in reefing can be done much much cheaper!
I've seen a few episodes, and follow as best as possible. My plumbing/ overflow setup is my concern, as it's not like any other I've seen. It's a dual Durso.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new