Newly hooked reefer

SubzeroZoaNut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in Fairbanks, Alaska. Maybe not the most convenient place to get addicted to this hobby, but here I am. My brother has recently gotten into reefing as well, and he got me hooked. Specifically, zoanthus. I know it's what tends to get a lot of reefers started. But I'm almost exclusively drawn to them. (Disclaimer is I also seem to have an eye for acans.... so.)
I've started with a 40 gallon breeder. My intentions are to make it nearly, if not entirely zoa scaped. Maybe some acans... still don't know. But zoas I'm 100% sure.
Been researching like a mad man trying to decide what would be the best fish/CUC combo for a 40 gallon breeder that will be almost certainly filled with just zoas. Maybe some acans. Still have months to decide, but would greatly appreciate any and all feedback and advice. Thanks!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in Fairbanks, Alaska. Maybe not the most convenient place to get addicted to this hobby, but here I am. My brother has recently gotten into reefing as well, and he got me hooked. Specifically, zoanthus. I know it's what tends to get a lot of reefers started. But I'm almost exclusively drawn to them. (Disclaimer is I also seem to have an eye for acans.... so.)
I've started with a 40 gallon breeder. My intentions are to make it nearly, if not entirely zoa scaped. Maybe some acans... still don't know. But zoas I'm 100% sure.
Been researching like a mad man trying to decide what would be the best fish/CUC combo for a 40 gallon breeder that will be almost certainly filled with just zoas. Maybe some acans. Still have months to decide, but would greatly appreciate any and all feedback and advice. Thanks!
Welcome subzerozoanut,
Zoas can be addictive!
We have a 10g tank, zoa garden hosting 2 clownfish.
They snuggle down into the zoas.
Good luck withyour journey, let us know how we can help.

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome from Homer, AK! Looking forward to see these new Fairbanks tanks rocking and rolling!

bear_wave.gif
I was about to tag you in my greeting...

Back