Newly Joined member and rookie Reefer from Canada

Wrassenaround

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!
welcome-5.gif

You should definitely start a Tank Thread so we can see how your tank started (if you have pictures) and continue to watch it grow and change! Your equipment list is SOLID, love the fact that you decided to go all in with the Apex. I got mine this spring and it has been amazing.

Something that you might want to consider since it seems as though a budget isn't a problem is getting a fleece roller. I have the RedSea 500 filter roller and it is my favorite piece of equipment aside from my apex system. No trickling water with filter socks and I change out the roll usually once every 3 months.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep Alk at about 9 but it rises to about 9.2+- on mid day but will lower down to 9 again when the lights ramps down. This has been bothering me for a while now. But I don't know how to deal with that small alk spike and corals seem to do ok so I stop stressing about it
Measuring consumption and dosing accordingly .
If you have to break the doses up to smaller but more frequent doses it might help.

I can’t remember who posted a link of consumption vs Photosynthesis throughout the day and different consumption rates . And possibly a max limit of what’s used through one day by corals

OP
OP
S

samdinhkhuong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!
welcome-5.gif

You should definitely start a Tank Thread so we can see how your tank started (if you have pictures) and continue to watch it grow and change! Your equipment list is SOLID, love the fact that you decided to go all in with the Apex. I got mine this spring and it has been amazing.

Something that you might want to consider since it seems as though a budget isn't a problem is getting a fleece roller. I have the RedSea 500 filter roller and it is my favorite piece of equipment aside from my apex system. No trickling water with filter socks and I change out the roll usually once every 3 months.
I'll definitely look into a roller. I'll have to make some room for it. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll take some pictures tomorrow when lights still on and start a tank thread

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Sam! Welcome on board! :) Will be looking forward to following your build...

I visited Calgary this summer for the Stampede and managed to visit Wai's Aquatics. If you haven't been there, he's the man to go and see! Great shop and great service.

All the bes!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 34 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.7%

Back