Next tang to add

Aidan_823

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I’m wondering what tang I should add next, currently I have a small hippo, tomini and scopas. I have a 180 and looking for a non aggressive tang or a center piece tang. I have recently tried a powder brown for my last tang, but I had to rehome his due to his amount of aggression.

dandi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I’m wondering what tang I should add next, currently I have a small hippo, tomini and scopas. I have a 180 and looking for a non aggressive tang or a center piece tang. I have recently tried a powder brown for my last tang, but I had to rehome his due to his amount of aggression.
Blone Naso is one of my favorites and they are peaceful

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What other fish are in the tank?

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At this point, I believe there is no such thing as non aggressive tang. The tangs you have will have territory marked out. So your decision to add a new tang might want to be around size, aggression, etc.... to be able to defend itself when added. There most likely will be some fighting, but can be limited by your decision.

Good luck.

Isaac Alves

www.instagram.com/theloneaquarist/
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got several tangs and over the last 7 years the foxface species is the least aggressive. And what's nice about them is that they can handle aggressive fish easily with their spines. One prick from a spine and the other tangs will learn to avoid. Very personable fish as well. Easy to train to eat from hand (with cation), and typically very bold, not skittish as they mature. And super worker for your reef.

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Naso or blonde naso! They have a great temperament and are beautiful!

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a ton of tangs and my favorite of all, is my half black miimic tang.. he’s super chill and looks very classy! Minds his business while the gem, hippo, sailfin etc like to squabble here or there.
IMG_2078.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.1%
Back