Bluesboy59

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really appreciate having all this practical knowledge available
What a wonderful resource you all are
I'm Chuck I'm not on any social media so this is new for me
I do use the internet extensively researching information but interaction is new

I'm in my 60s retired
Had many freshwater tanks in my younger days from a child to my 30s

I've only had one saltwater tank was a 30 gallon Cube I had a couple of maroon clowns a lawn mower blenny and a royal gamma
Had the tank running for about 5 years while living in New York but I got wiped out by Sandy

Now that I'm retired and settled in Florida I have been putting together a new tank
I purchased a water box 4820 Peninsula it's about 80 gallons
48 in Long 20 in wide 20 in tall
It's as big as I could get
Two things about me one I am very patient and will wait to get what I want instead of compromising on something
that seems to be important in this hobby patience so I'm hoping that works in my favor
The other thing is I have always been a gadget guy love technology and gadgets
That part of my personality is a double edged sword I think in this Hobby but I'm enjoying it right now big time picking out components
I am partially disabled so I want as easy access to things that I have to maintain as possible and I'd rather wait to get the parts that I want so that I don't have to keep going under the tank to change things not easy for me
The tank is on its stand in its position for a couple of months now empty as I pick out what I want in the filtration system
I have added a utility sink to the corner of the room I purchase an r o d i system from bulk Reef Supply and a 40 gallon storage tank for automatic water changes
So as you can tell I'm committed or should be committed

I have modified the sump that comes with the tank cutting out the filter socks chamber and adding the Red Sea roller mat 500
Return pump is an echotech
And then there's a second Ecotech pump running a manifold Loop that powers the bashsea twisted Beckett Style protein skimmer that's plumbed externally one of the main reasons I picked that skimmer if I used an internal protein skimmer I would not have room to create a refugium in the sump that came along with the tank

Now for the Neptune products
Neptune Apex system with fmm module to monitor the return flow the flow to the protein skimmer and for the UV yet to be purchased
The Neptune Gro refugium light two Neptune wave pumps a Neptune dose for the automatic water changes and a Trident automatic tester nothing set up yet

I haven't mentioned that I am very excited about LPS corals and that's what I'm aiming for

Lighting in the main display I haven't actually settled on that yet but I'm leaning very heavily toward the echo Tech Radeon 15s 2 of them

I think that's enough for now
And I just want to thank you all for your help I've been reading a lot of your posts even though I haven't interacted with any of them and thank you for all the information

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 141 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back