OP
sternicus

sternicus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4bb2b56df3bdb2d0985a48b2c45107b5.jpg

Got the water started! Too bad it’s very cold and my pipes are pushing water out around 58 degrees which slows the process down from 100gpd- 63gpd. Oh well, but it’s looking good so far

OP
OP
sternicus

sternicus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
057ac7426adbc82cc3d9fd984632d043.jpg

Day one of water making is going great! Got about 50 or so gallons done already today which is very slow but not bad. Overall the tank is very level and I Check about every 2 hours to make sure. The bottom right corner seems to be .01% unlevel but I’m not gonna let it worry me. Once the total weight is in I’m sure everything will level out and I worry that I might be over worrying myself about it. I did a good job making sure the tank was stable, level, and on a mat to fix imperfections so I’m covered in my opinion.

OP
OP
sternicus

sternicus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
170e210eaa9088c8543e24b37b3d5560.jpg

Chugging along. Today I will finish up the plumbing then it’s off to the races with this build!

OP
OP
sternicus

sternicus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5365c6a3436cfe35b314370679145076.jpg

Overflow is plumbed as well as the rest of the tank. All I need to do tomorrow is to tighten the bulkheads for the overflow and we should be good!

OP
OP
sternicus

sternicus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So now i have to sit and wait patiently to be allowed to purchase my second return pump lol,

But seriously, so far this build has been great. A few things i would never give up are the ability to have someone else have the liability to drill holes for you and also the ability to have a return pump carry water from the brute to the tank, usually i just used a jug and poured it in myself, but for 250 gallons that is way to much.

I have also been keeping up with checking the level, so far everything is looking very level and my tank and stand seem very sturdy IMO. The job Planet Aquariums did was amazing and I do not see an ounce of deflection or bowing from the glass or silicone. I am in love with this new tank

OP
OP
sternicus

sternicus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2679.JPG

Water is in, sump is filled, and my second return pump arrived and is all setup! Love these pumps. Also, I will be receiving my final piece of locline today and then my tank should be able to run efficiently! Very excited!

OP
OP
sternicus

sternicus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6c8a591d68e6276dbd9efc74e13ee8ce.jpg

Welp! She’s finally, officially running! I had to do some adjusting to get it perfectly quiet like I like. IMO and that of BRS to some extent, return flow isn’t as important and can be ran at a lower level to achieve a quiet tank if that’s whats desired. For me this is the ultimate goal, silence... Other than pumps running low. Overall I’m very satisfied and don’t want to jinx myself, buts it’s been a very stress free setup. Personally I feel as though this is due to my competence and many tank setups thus far that have allowed this to go steady. That and a lot more patience with this than usual. No more corners being cut to save time or money. I wanna make this my best tank yet :)

OP
OP
sternicus

sternicus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything is running well. No leaks or spills yet ;). So far I’m waiting out a new heater on the way, then the mount for the lights and my clowns should be able to move over!

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad i found your thread man! you were a big help to me in deciding to go with this exact same tank and we went ahead a put a deposit down with Will from CRC today! love to see the whole thread and build setup since in about a month and a half ill be starting the same thing, with a few tiny exceptions. I decided to go with the 20" overflow to allow for a higher flow rate through the tank, and then we also decided to get the powder coated steel stand from Planet as well. :) Def following along with this thread

IMG_2679.JPG

Water is in, sump is filled, and my second return pump arrived and is all setup! Love these pumps. Also, I will be receiving my final piece of locline today and then my tank should be able to run efficiently! Very excited!
Can I ask why you decided to go with 2 pumps as opposed to a single pump that splits to the 2 returns?

OP
OP
sternicus

sternicus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad i found your thread man! you were a big help to me in deciding to go with this exact same tank and we went ahead a put a deposit down with Will from CRC today! love to see the whole thread and build setup since in about a month and a half ill be starting the same thing, with a few tiny exceptions. I decided to go with the 20" overflow to allow for a higher flow rate through the tank, and then we also decided to get the powder coated steel stand from Planet as well. :) Def following along with this thread

Can I ask why you decided to go with 2 pumps as opposed to a single pump that splits to the 2 returns?

I actually went with the 20 inch tideline as well and I love it! I chose two because I don’t like the stress it would put on one, also for redundancy.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually went with the 20 inch tideline as well and I love it! I chose two because I don’t like the stress it would put on one, also for redundancy.
what are you planning on doing for flow inside the tank? Originally i wanted to use 3 MP10 on the back wall pushing forward mixed with 40s on the ends but just realized that the 10's cant run on glass that thick, so now im not really sure what to do

OP
OP
sternicus

sternicus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what are you planning on doing for flow inside the tank? Originally i wanted to use 3 MP10 on the back wall pushing forward mixed with 40s on the ends but just realized that the 10's cant run on glass that thick, so now im not really sure what to do

I’m planning on doing my two MP40’s. They were plenty on my 6 foot 180 so I think they will suffice length wise. Once corals grow and more flow is needed, I’ll switch over to two mp40 and probably two gyres on the back wall

Chef Tommy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome man, did you order yet? Rimless? Let’s get some details here!

I got the tank & stand moved last week into my girlfriends. We are upgrading from a 75. Thought it would be easier to transfer everything into an established tank which is why we upgraded [emoji4]

Picked up a 28 waterbox AIO frag too!

77636c3ee56bd811e1c7361a5c601a57.jpg

OP
OP
sternicus

sternicus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the tank & stand moved last week into my girlfriends. We are upgrading from a 75. Thought it would be easier to transfer everything into an established tank which is why we upgraded [emoji4]

Picked up a 28 waterbox AIO frag too!

77636c3ee56bd811e1c7361a5c601a57.jpg

Looks awesome. It’s hard to peel that cool sticker off [emoji23]

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 30.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 26.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back