:D
86005936-FEB0-4189-835B-DC4676CA57F6.jpeg

Yanir34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi David,
Angels are tough. You really have to use between them and your fleshy LPS. Before the angels, the main tank had acans, acanthrophyllia, open brain, scoly, chalice. These corals have been moved to their own tank that is connected to the system. You can get a glimpse of this tank in the updated video.
The angels are fine with Euphyliia and SPS. They don't nip on the Euphyllia for some reason but they do nip on the SPS every now and then. It's nothing the SPS can't handle. Just less polyps extension. I read that in the wild, polyps on SPS is nonexistent. They get pecked on by different fish all the time. As long as they(the polyps) come out at night and feed, it's perfectly fine.
It would be really hard for me to have a tank without angelfish at this point.

Thanks! My parameters are
ALK:8dKH
CA: 420ppm
MG: 1400ppm

The sand is kept clean by a pack of 7 fighting conches. And I do find that flow also plays a very important role in keeping the sand clean. Obviously, you don't want the sand to be blowing around, but you do want enough flow on the sand. I guess it's hard to explain but if a piece of small food made it onto the sand, if it's not being blown, you don't have enough flow on the sand.

My lighting is 3x250W Radiums and 2x80W ATI Blue PLus and 2x80W Geisemann. The Blue and the actinic come on an hour before and turn off an hour after the radiums. They are on for 9 hours. The Radiums are on for 7 hours.
Which ballasts are you using to operate the MH bulbs ?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 88 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back