Nicrew 50 Watt hurting my eyes

Zpgrimm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I recently got back into Saltwater fish keeping and have only had a Bio Cube and other FOWLR tanks after that, so the stronger lights intended to actually grow coral are new to me. I have my light on a 10-gallon that is mounted about 7 inches above the water's surface and is set at 60% for both blues and whites. The first thing I noticed was a warning to never look directly look into the light, and I have been very careful about that. The problem is that there is a lot of glare and it is almost impossible to not be affected by the light when working on or looking into the tank. I can tell it is hurting my eyes even though I never directly look into it and have read you can buy shades for lights but do these really help? any tips and tricks would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the help in advance!

ShakeyGizzard

RedNeck Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have not measured the par, I guess this is the hyper reef 50 watt. If you have the controller with it, 35% white and 85% blue. should still be over 50 par on the sand. This is if you like the blue. This should be easier on your eyes

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I recently got back into Saltwater fish keeping and have only had a Bio Cube and other FOWLR tanks after that, so the stronger lights intended to actually grow coral are new to me. I have my light on a 10-gallon that is mounted about 7 inches above the water's surface and is set at 60% for both blues and whites. The first thing I noticed was a warning to never look directly look into the light, and I have been very careful about that. The problem is that there is a lot of glare and it is almost impossible to not be affected by the light when working on or looking into the tank. I can tell it is hurting my eyes even though I never directly look into it and have read you can buy shades for lights but do these really help? any tips and tricks would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.6%
Back