Nicrew 32W Light Settings Help

NaanDu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got in a Nicrew 32w led bar light that rests on top of my 20g long tank over a glass tank top. I absolutely love the upgrade and the way it makes everything look compared to the bar light I had before. Things just pop so much more. Mind you the bar light I had before had a more clean white look no matter how I changed the settings, but all my corals were doing well.

Now that I've upgraded and have more control over the blue and white mix I'm kind of at a loss for what I should set the lights to in order to be the best for my corals. I have a decent sized Kenya tree, small nepthea, a large double-headed finger leather, a large colony of palys, several small colonies of zoas, and a few new small frags (Duncan, spicy lemon favia, blue disco shroom, and neon green star polyp).

I don't wanna fry up my corals with a better, brighter, stronger light but I also don't want it to be too dim for them (or me for that matt r lol) either. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I tried looking all over the form for info but all I could find was for much larger tanks and/or much higher wattage lights. Currently the only coral not doing well is the finger leather. It's been slumped over and looking really sad since I added it a week or so ago.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What light you have before?
What wattage was old light?

The corals you list don’t need much light, maybe 80-120 par.

OP
OP
N

NaanDu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What light you have before?
What wattage was old light?

The corals you list don’t need much light, maybe 80-120 par.
Maybe that's why they did so well with my last light still even though it was the 18W 24" Fluval Aquasky which I know isn't recommended for corals.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 86 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back