Nicrew Hyper Reef 30

LexiconDevil

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received a Nicrew Hyper Reef 30 as a gift for Christmas and haven’t seen any threads for this specific fixture. As a beginner in the hobby, this fixture was a replacement for my Nicrew Marine LED light bar that I originally purchased a few months back. I see this fixture as a step up as it offers more power and the ability to tweak the lighting channels to your needs. It’s no ferrari like the AI prime or other expensive fixtures, but it caters to my needs as someone just beginning in the hobby. Below are some pictures of how my tank looks. I’ve only had this light on my tank for a day, so I’ll update later on if I notice anything positive or negative.

Both pictures are from the same lighting settings, ones just been taken with a colour filter to reduce distortion in the picture.

47905F16-0FFD-4E3D-98B4-ECCC10A533C5.jpeg 2F92FD4D-0138-430B-852B-C44FCE4D3942.jpeg

LiveWire

Master Electrician/Certified RODI Guru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for posting. I look forward to seeing the future updates on this light.

OP
OP
LexiconDevil

LexiconDevil

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hows everything so far with the light
Great, no real big complaints so far! The only thing that bugs me is how sudden the lights turn on. I wish there was a way of ramping the lights without having to use the dual channel timer.
I really like the functionality of having some control over the individual channels. Over all so far I would recommend the lights to anyone who’s maybe looking to upgrade from the cheaper Nicrew lights without breaking the bank!

AnotherReefHobbyist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great, no real big complaints so far! The only thing that bugs me is how sudden the lights turn on. I wish there was a way of ramping the lights without having to use the dual channel timer.
I really like the functionality of having some control over the individual channels. Over all so far I would recommend the lights to anyone who’s maybe looking to upgrade from the cheaper Nicrew lights without breaking the bank!
btw there is a nicrew ramp timer for $10.

It only work son models 30watt and smaller though :)

Last edited:

reefingBeAmazin22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

How’s the light now, what your growth been like so far?

Last edited:
Back