Nicrew Hyperreef 100 or 150 for IM Nuvo 40?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Robski
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Robski

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 13, 2012
Messages
10
Reaction score
17
Location
Chesapeake, VA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Broke down my 80g frag that was powered by 2 Gen5 XR30s and Aquatic life T5 some months ago. Got the bug again. Picked up a free IM Nuvo mini 40. And trying to keep it more budget friendly this time. Would the 150w be too much for this? For a $35 difference I was leaning towards the 150.
 
What about two if the single pucks? That would give a much better spread
 
I would probably go with a noopsyche if trying to keep in that price range. I have heard good things about both lights but every light I have seen that is like the nicrew has pretty bad discoballing.
 
I would probably go with a noopsyche if trying to keep in that price range. I have heard good things about both lights but every light I have seen that is like the nicrew has pretty bad discoballing.


It's not too bad from my experience but I've only had experience with them hung 2ft above the tank so that might be a factor. I do think noopsyches are likely more reliable though since they seem to have great customer service
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new