NICREW HyperReef 100W

Nubomb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone using this light?

NICREW Aquarium LED Reef Light, Dimmable Full Spectrum Marine LED Light for Saltwater Coral Fish Tanks

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My work uses them. They produce a very nice actinic look with the blue only.

Dankiest_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 50W version on my 12 gallon. Corals seem to be happy. Coral color is vibrant when using only the blue. The light has a white and blue channels which can be adjusted separately. Light adjustments need to be made using the buttons on the light itself as there is no wifi. The light is on/off only and can be used with a wall timer. No sunrise/sunset modes. Overall, it is an inexpensive basic light for good for a first tank.

OP
OP
N

Nubomb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. What setting are you running the white and blues?

I have the 50W version on my 12 gallon. Corals seem to be happy. Coral color is vibrant when using only the blue. The light has a white and blue channels which can be adjusted separately. Light adjustments need to be made using the buttons on the light itself as there is no wifi. The light is on/off only and can be used with a wall timer. No sunrise/sunset modes. Overall, it is an inexpensive basic light for good for a first tank.

paintman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How wide is this unit? I see they have the front to back dimensions and height, but not width. womdering if this will fit inside my canopy.

Sh84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would a 100w be good for a 30 gal tank. That is around 17 inches tall. 30wide.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would a 100w be good for a 30 gal tank. That is around 17 inches tall. 30wide.

You would need two fixtures. What are you planning to keep? Are you looking to hang the light or use the arm?

Mikosreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to get 2 of these for a 48" tank to grow mostly softies and LPS (hammers and torch).

Anyone using them to grow LPS?

Any full tank shots?

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to get 2 of these for a 48" tank to grow mostly softies and LPS (hammers and torch).

Anyone using them to grow LPS?

Any full tank shots?

They can grow LPS and Softies. From about 2ft away blue only dead center on the frag tanks at my work they have about 150 for par, though the new ones have frosted lenses. I am getting a par meter to test the new ones but I would imagine they would be fine. The only issue we have had is the power brick connection had some melting (not a huge deal given the price but still not ideal), and spread issues on the older model.

AnotherReefHobbyist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heyyy I recently got a 50 watt for a 20 high ( will be doing 2 50 watts for 22 long ) and it keeps all my lps happy ( hammer, frogspawn, and Duncan ) and I only have it at 50% blue 25% white :)

I am able to customize the spectrum and intensity by the singular precent through a DIY 0-10 v controller, I find that the presets don’t give very good options, so I would recommend some sort of 0-10 v controller ( and most can do sunset sunrise so that is a plus) nicrew will be releasing one in April I believe, or a kessil spectral would work great!

zudo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How wide is this unit? I see they have the front to back dimensions and height, but not width. womdering if this will fit inside my canopy.
FYI, I have three of the 150W NICREW's mounted in a canopy. They are sitting on two 1/2" tall by 1" wide aluminum struts

sitting on narrow wood strips with small pieces glued around the strut to provide a simple secure place to keep them aligned. It works well as there is plenty of space above and behind the back so air can flow. I do not hear the fans when they run thanks to the canopy.

canopy.jpg 3 NICREWs.jpg NICREW150_mount.jpg

Saskdevil

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI, I have three of the 150W NICREW's mounted in a canopy. They are sitting on two 1/2" tall by 1" wide aluminum struts

sitting on narrow wood strips with small pieces glued around the strut to provide a simple secure place to keep them aligned. It works well as there is plenty of space above and behind the back so air can flow. I do not hear the fans when they run thanks to the canopy.

canopy.jpg 3 NICREWs.jpg NICREW150_mount.jpg

Did you buy or make that canopy? Looks like a great setup!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back