Niger trigger on the floor

HAAAAAAAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This ended up being my worst nightmare, my Niger trigger jumped out of the tank and I found him dried up on the floor I put him back in the tank and he's breathing but I don't know if he will make it

This was his first time jumping out I think it's because of the grouper

this hobby is sometimes a hit and sometimes a miss but when it's a miss god it punches you right in the gut

I think he jumped out because I added the blue line grouper, it was all well when I first added the grouper, my dad told me to just replace him but man i wanna tear since i acknowledge it's my fault.

He just had to jump out when my net which I use to cover the tank was removed and I forgot to put it back I wasn't worried anything like this would've happened because I had him for about 4 months and he never even tried to jump out

Last edited:

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats the same tank you also have an eel in, is it not covered, triggers are jumpers.

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He just had to jump out when my net which I use to cover the tank was removed and I forgot to put it back I wasn't worried anything like this would've happened because I had him for about 4 months and he never even tried to jump out
He tried to jump out but you had a cover. When you forgot the cover he succeeded in jumping out.
Hope he makes it, don't forget the cover.

OP
OP
H

HAAAAAAAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I waited till his last breath.

This guy was my first trigger, i didn't know they were jumpers.

But in the end it's my fault, thanks so much for the hope though

OP
OP
H

HAAAAAAAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He tried to jump out but you had a cover. When you forgot the cover he succeeded in jumping out.
Hope he makes it, don't forget the cover.
You may be right, it just had to happen when i forgot to put in the cover, I guess I've learned my mistake and my Niger did that work

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We all make mistakes. The key is to learn from them. Read everything you can before adding new livestock going forward so you don't have more surprises. Sorry for your loss.

OP
OP
H

HAAAAAAAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We all make mistakes. The key is to learn from them. Read everything you can before adding new livestock going forward so you don't have more surprises. Sorry for your loss.
Yeah, absolutely, thought I had known enough but I guess not

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didnt have a cover on my tank (pre eels of course) and my clownfish jumped out and bit me in the face when I was putting nori on a clip. Lesson learned, covers! Point of the story is we all learn the hard way. Im sorry for your loss, triggers are magnificent fish. If you do plan on getting more triggers also make sure they cant wiggle in the overflow. My huma huma did that through a small gap I didnt see in the back. Luckly I heard her splash in the overflow and fished her out. Made sure that crack was covered. I always do a walk around my tanks to make sure covers are secure after feeding, before I leave the house and before I go to sleep. Its like a little ritual since Im paranoid of one of the eels carpet surfing!

OP
OP
H

HAAAAAAAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didnt have a cover on my tank (pre eels of course) and my clownfish jumped out and bit me in the face when I was putting nori on a clip. Lesson learned, covers! Point of the story is we all learn the hard way. Im sorry for your loss, triggers are magnificent fish. If you do plan on getting more triggers also make sure they cant wiggle in the overflow. My huma huma did that through a small gap I didnt see in the back. Luckly I heard her splash in the overflow and fished her out. Made sure that crack was covered. I always do a walk around my tanks to make sure covers are secure after feeding, before I leave the house and before I go to sleep. Its like a little ritual since Im paranoid of one of the eels carpet surfing!
Haha you're gonna make me join in on that ritual soon enough Lol, i don't think i am gonna be getting another trigger any time soon (maybe if I get more tanks Lol) but I would say they are awesome fish, really interactive just like a dog (mind your fingers though)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 29 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 131 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 15 6.7%
Back