Nikon D7000 Lense Problem

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I own a Nikon D7000 & bought a Tamron 90mm f/2.8 AF MACRO for it. The problem I;m having is I get an Error every time I try to take it off F32. I've tried cleaning the connections but it doesn't help.
Does anyone have any ideas to help me out?
Thanks in advance.

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I own a Nikon D7000 & bought a Tamron 90mm f/2.8 AF MACRO for it. The problem I;m having is I get an Error every time I try to take it off F32. I've tried cleaning the connections but it doesn't help.
Does anyone have any ideas to help me out?
Thanks in advance.
Try turning on Manual focus, see if this will let you bypass the sensor. Some older model tamrons and sigma lenses do not work with the newer AF motors. If this isnt the problem, i would shoot tamron an email

OP
OP
Dragon52

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try turning on Manual focus, see if this will let you bypass the sensor. Some older model tamrons and sigma lenses do not work with the newer AF motors. If this isnt the problem, i would shoot tamron an email
I guess I"ll have to contact Tamron. The camera wont even work on anything but F32.
Thanks

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lense has mechanical aperture control?
If.yes keep it.on 32 and try to change aperture from the camera menu and see if that works.

OP
OP
Dragon52

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lense has mechanical aperture control?
If.yes keep it.on 32 and try to change aperture from the camera menu and see if that works.
Actually the camera shows F2.8 even though the lens is set at F32. Still learning the camera even though I've had it for some time I mostly used Auto so I'm going to have to really spend some time & figure it out.
Thanks

Jeto2004

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Second maroon.c.
If the lens as a mechanical aperture ring and you have set your camera to control the aperture than the camera requires lens to be set at F32 (often that is the reason the aperture number on the lens is in a different color). If you want to use the manual aperture ring than you can’t use auto and you to use either Mode A (you choose the aperture the camera chooses the shutter speed - great way to control DOF), or you have to go to Mode M - Manual were you have to choose both but have to watch for right exposure

OP
OP
Dragon52

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Second maroon.c.
If the lens as a mechanical aperture ring and you have set your camera to control the aperture than the camera requires lens to be set at F32 (often that is the reason the aperture number on the lens is in a different color). If you want to use the manual aperture ring than you can’t use auto and you to use either Mode A (you choose the aperture the camera chooses the shutter speed - great way to control DOF), or you have to go to Mode M - Manual were you have to choose both but have to watch for right exposure
[/QUOTE
So, when I put everything in manual the camera shows F5.6 with the lense manual F ring is on F32, when I manually move the ring it starts flashing EE in both mode M & Mode A.

Jeto2004

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I missed that but your Nikon body does not support the use of the manual aperture ring anymore. The information what aperture you want to use will not be transmitted. So set your aperture ring back to F32. Now you can choose the aperture from you camera body. If you in manual (Mode M), you can use the main command dial (the on on the backside of the camera) for shutter speed and the sub command dial (the one on the side) for aperture.

For you convince here is the link to the user manual. Mode M is on page 71

OP
OP
Dragon52

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I missed that but your Nikon body does not support the use of the manual aperture ring anymore. The information what aperture you want to use will not be transmitted. So set your aperture ring back to F32. Now you can choose the aperture from you camera body. If you in manual (Mode M), you can use the main command dial (the on on the backside of the camera) for shutter speed and the sub command dial (the one on the side) for aperture.

For you convince here is the link to the user manual. Mode M is on page 71

Thanks for the info, I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 34.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 15 24.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back