Nipped Derasa Clam

TheShepherdTrio

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 1, 2021
Messages
62
Reaction score
46
Location
Wylie, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We bought this derasa clam a couple weeks ago. Came home from work today to find that someone/something took a small nip out of it. What are the chances that it can heal itself? Or is this basically a death sentence? Not sure who the culprit is so it’s practically impossible to say whether or not this will happen again.
A7E5FE52-9700-4CCC-A558-AC65AC3344BC.jpeg
 
When I first read your title I assumed that the nip was on the edge of the mantle and I came in here to say no big deal. But I never saw a hole like that from a fish nip.
All I can say is good luck, and keep us posted. But that type of bite is a new one on me.
 
Last edited:
Is it a bite or second exhalent siphon? It’s hard to tell from the pic, well at least on my phone. What fish do you have?
 
Not sure what exactly happened with the clam but I’m just reporting that it healed up on its own and is perfectly fine at this point!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new