Nipping tang

Auto-pilot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey was curious on peoples thoughts about this tang. I've had him for about a year now and he started nipping at corals about a month ago. Haven't noticed any bad effects on the corals. Should I be worried about this?? Is this going to harm my corals in the long run.

Attachments

• 20200719_162601.mp4
    65.3 MB

Nilo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, some tangs do nip at corals. Most of them don't but I've read that sometimes you may get one that does. Usually they are trying to get to some algae or slime that's on the coral and not necessarily eating the coral. It's not really limited to species either. I have a hippo tang that does this from time to time

OP
OP
Auto-pilot

Auto-pilot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, some tangs do nip at corals. Most of them don't but I've read that sometimes you may get one that does. Usually they are trying to get to some algae or slime that's on the coral and not necessarily eating the coral. It's not really limited to species either. I have a hippo tang that does this from time to time
Did the video work??

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back