Nirvana zoa not looking good

Qwarex

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, i really dont understand why my zoas look like this, they are rather new and they looked great before. Other zoas are ok-ish, only the nirvanas and watermelon zoas look bad for some reason. What can i do to fix it?
IMG20230120193513.jpg

RedFrog211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If possible, I would move them to a section with slightly less light and dip them in a coral dip, such as coral RX, or something similar. Then if the polyps show improvement, target feed feed phyto/coral food once a week. If they do not improve, keep an eye out for pests, especially at night, and consider dosing an antibiotic, such as KanaPlex.

OP
OP
Qwarex

Qwarex

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As wolt mentioned, nitrates can be gradually increased, and you may consider an iodine dip as well.
I dont have any dips but i have pvp iodine (10% iodine of which is 1% active), is it ok? (Not lugol btw)

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
over the counter 3% iodine works great as a dip on zoas (every time I cut I use iodine)

RedFrog211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally use Seachem “Dip” which doubles as disinfectant and iodine, but others may have more insight to other alternatives!

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So is the one that i have not a good option?
I just double checked and I misspoke, my iodine is 10%. Lower is likely fine but you’ll want to use more. I get my dip to about ice tea consistency (not an exact science). Nirvanas are resilient so they should respond well to the treatment.

OP
OP
Qwarex

Qwarex

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just double checked and I misspoke, my iodine is 10%. Lower is likely fine but you’ll want to use more. I get my dip to about ice tea consistency (not an exact science). Nirvanas are resilient so they should respond well to the treatment.
I dont really know what ice tea consistency is XD, about how many ml per liter of water? Also will the watermelon zoas be ok with it?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%

Back