nItRaTeS: I hates them! Help!

During weekly water changes, detritus is sucked up from the sand bed, never the whole sandbed, but alternate half of the sand bed each week. The sump is kept very clean and every 1-2 months we use a power head with a vacuum to suck up any detritus that is in there.
Wow - glad that you’re keeping up with WCs and maintenance. I’m lazy (or busy) so gone with BB for ease of maintenance. ;)
 
IME sulfur-based denitrators consume a little alk, which will show up as an increase in calcium if you’re dosing in equal parts (or my in case, using a CaRx). I would simply dose a little alk to offset.

Which is easy using a two part, but not easy using fixed ratio methods.
 
Which is easy using a two part, but not easy using fixed ratio methods.
Absolutely - CaRx is keeping things stable. I would mix soda ash separately and dose as needed. I have a Trident & NP and can see how far I’ve drifted.

Latest params on this tank. I’ve done sulfur denitrator on previous 2 tanks with CaRx with success.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4205.png
    IMG_4205.png
    140.2 KB · Views: 46

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new