Nitrates in my water

Currierfarms14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I recently tested my tank, and my nitrates were high. I have been doing many water changes, and was curious as to why it hasn’t gone down. I decided to test the water that’s coming from my faucet, and it’s showing it’s around 40ppm. I live in the country on a well water system. I’m assuming this is very high for tap water? Will a RODI system help with this? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

DesertCitiesReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RO system will help a bunch and pay for itself over time. Also you can T it off before the DI resin and have good drinking water as well if you choose to. The only thing you will go through filters quicker if you use it as water for drinking.

OP
OP
C

Currierfarms14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will check them out. I am looking for a smaller unit as my tank is 29 gallons.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the maxcap standard 90gpd system. Makes about 5 gallons in 2 hours. Simplest system out there for not having to go through resin every month in other brands.

Brian W

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont skimp out on the filters that go in the RODI units either. It the good filterscand they will last a good while.

My TDS from my tap is 400-600 and after my old filter setup I could only get my TDS to 15 ppm. After adding a this carbon block my TDS has been at 0 for months. It's an expensive carbon block but worth it.

2.5" X 10" - 1 MICRON MATRIKX CHLORAGUARD CARBON BLOCK

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In many industries, nitrates (in the form of N) are not regulated. It’s nothing alarming to see 200+ go out the sewer to the next treatment plant down the road. Not sure what drinking water requirements are though.

OP
OP
C

Currierfarms14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will look into we’ll water specifics. Thank you so much for the advice. From what I’ve researched, they should be more than .10ppm for safe drinking water. However, my wife’s grown up with high nitrate water and she’s fine (for the most part ).

Back