NNEP PLUMBING HELP

marspeed

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have you tried shutting off the blue air valve and closing the pvc valve half way seems like your draining more water than your pump can supply

OP
OP
JCSReefing

JCSReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have you tried shutting off the blue air valve and closing the pvc valve half way seems like your draining more water than your pump can supply

Man, I feel like I've tried it all. Shutting the valve, the return I'm using can go from 200gph to 568gph and it's on the lowest setting. If I turn it full blast it still, does the same thing

marspeed

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is that top cap air tight that over flow might need to be straight up like a full siphon set up

OP
OP
JCSReefing

JCSReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the cap is not glued but either way i had it set up with just an elbow coming out which i thought was the problem so i went with putting a T on the outside with the little valve to hope adjust the airflow to the siphen but its almost like I'm not getting a full siphen at times and then at others i do which is why the level keeps changing in the overflow if that makes sense? Should i try just cutting the little overflow out and put a elbow facing down maybe on the inside?

marspeed

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
elbow should be facing down in the overflow emergency drain should face up and that cap should be air tight an elbow in place of the tee would be better it might even be necessary

OP
OP
JCSReefing

JCSReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drain hose on the outside just leads to the sump which is not underwater. I think I have figured it out. Took off the overflow type deal and simply put an elbow facing down on the inside of the tank and closed the little airline tubing to create a full silent siphen. Now just have to figure out and adjust the levels of return to the drain

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 45 42.5%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 54 50.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 7 6.6%
Back