No 1" lock line, so any DIY?

Jason Austin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody know of a flexible 1" line that can be used instead of 3/4 lock line? I was thinking there has got to be some kind of flexible/moldable material that can do the job. Wouldn't be hard to thread it or DIY a Flared nozzle.

Just looking for ideas.

Jason

TD2K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just reduced my return down to a 3/4" at the elbow, then teed it off and added a "Y" on one side to make 3 outlets per return. 2 on the surface and 1 goes down to get flow behind the rocks. works just fine

2012-08-16_16-36-36_463.jpg

edit: wait, I lied. Mine was 3/4 from the start now that I look at the pics (been too long ago). Did you have Planet Aquariums put 1" returns in?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jason Austin

Jason Austin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just reduced my return down to a 3/4" at the elbow, then teed it off and added a "Y" on one side to make 3 outlets per return. 2 on the surface and 1 goes down to get flow behind the rocks. works just fine

edit: wait, I lied. Mine was 3/4 from the start now that I look at the pics (been too long ago). Did you have Planet Aquariums put 1" returns in?

I did since the OM4 Way has 4 1" outlets. Will choke down flow a little going from 1" PVC down to a 3/4 locline but not too much i guess. Cant wait to fire it up to see how things flow!

Oliver_Klosoff

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could put a 1" tee in your return before you drop to 3/4". This will help you keep the same flow but you would have more outlets. Not always a bad thing. Lol

TD2K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I would do, get a 1" Tee or Y connection, then reduce down to 3/4" for the loc line connections

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 51 24.9%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 51 24.9%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 49 23.9%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 50 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back