No Bubbles CO2 Carbon Doser

Zeeter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been trying to dial in my calcium reactor for a couple of weeks, getting too many bubble or not enough but at least I knew what to adjust.

Today there are no bubbles. I'm using an Aquamaxx reactor with a Carbon Doser and a 5g co2 tank.

It seems that its getting blocked somewhere in the Carbon Doser. I took out the line from the tank and there's definitely CO2 coming out. Took the line out from the Carbon Doser to the check valve and there's nothing.

Turning it all the way up, all the way down, or anywhere in between does nothing. And yes, it is on.

Has anyone experienced this?

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When the CO2 tank is low, something like this can happen, but what you describe sounds like a valve failure or a power failure. Did you test it with the power wide open? Duh, I know, but if you are using a power strip or controller those are the other likely sources of disconnection/failure. Hope its not broken.

OP
OP
Z

Zeeter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When the CO2 tank is low, something like this can happen, but what you describe sounds like a valve failure or a power failure. Did you test it with the power wide open? Duh, I know, but if you are using a power strip or controller those are the other likely sources of disconnection/failure. Hope its not broken.
Power is definitely on. The red light blinks slow to fast, depending on where I put the dial.

It actually started working again, but it did that a few times earlier and then stopped, so there might be something wrong with the Carbon Doser.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 36 41.9%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 42 48.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back