No Bubbles CO2 Carbon Doser

Scottiemac

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 7, 2023
Messages
250
Reaction score
107
Location
Pennsylvania
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been trying to dial in my calcium reactor for a couple of weeks, getting too many bubble or not enough but at least I knew what to adjust.

Today there are no bubbles. I'm using an Aquamaxx reactor with a Carbon Doser and a 5g co2 tank.

It seems that its getting blocked somewhere in the Carbon Doser. I took out the line from the tank and there's definitely CO2 coming out. Took the line out from the Carbon Doser to the check valve and there's nothing.

Turning it all the way up, all the way down, or anywhere in between does nothing. And yes, it is on.

Has anyone experienced this?
 
When the CO2 tank is low, something like this can happen, but what you describe sounds like a valve failure or a power failure. Did you test it with the power wide open? Duh, I know, but if you are using a power strip or controller those are the other likely sources of disconnection/failure. Hope its not broken.
 
When the CO2 tank is low, something like this can happen, but what you describe sounds like a valve failure or a power failure. Did you test it with the power wide open? Duh, I know, but if you are using a power strip or controller those are the other likely sources of disconnection/failure. Hope its not broken.
Power is definitely on. The red light blinks slow to fast, depending on where I put the dial.

It actually started working again, but it did that a few times earlier and then stopped, so there might be something wrong with the Carbon Doser.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new