OP
OP
HmoneyReefOkc

HmoneyReefOkc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me correct this. Going to rotate the photos. I will put the first photos with the new rock and sand in. Up to last nights photos in which I incorporated the Mike & Terry request for the new sign to change tanks. I currently threw a ball of macro algae to speed up the cycle process and spread some bacteria and pods into the tank. the macro will be removed prior to adding inhabitants from the fluval.

Attachments

• 15photo 5.JPG
    15photo 5.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 196
  • 16photo 1.JPG
    16photo 1.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 199
  • 17photo 2.JPG
    17photo 2.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 200
  • 18photo 3.JPG
    18photo 3.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 206
  • 19photo 4.jpg
    19photo 4.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
OP
OP
HmoneyReefOkc

HmoneyReefOkc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been quite the ordeal transitioning the inhabitants into this tank. Hardest part has been sacrificing some corals for others to make the most impact in this tank and not make it look extremely empty so for now I still have both tanks running. I think I have moved everything i'd like to finish this tank for the competition. However, as soon as the competition is over I plan to do a further overhaul and put some SUPER ULTRA pieces in this tank in place of many of the $5-10 frags. It just seems cheap putting such cheap stuff into such a nice tank. Either way i have opted against adding the green star polyp rock back into this tank and the zoa covered rock. However I have removed some of the zoas and spread them around for eventual grow-out. I'm hoping I have the same INSANE growth in this tank as I had in the Fluval and I am confidenet everything is an upgrade with the exception of the light which I think was clearly a vital component. I still plan to dose all of the RedSea products as we'll soon find out how much that mattered compared to doing it with the Kessil light.

OP
OP
HmoneyReefOkc

HmoneyReefOkc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some have asked about the rock-work and I throw props to Bill at Custom Reef Creations in Moore, OK for several of the arches. I will post pictures of the products to achieve such rock hard beauty.

OP
OP
HmoneyReefOkc

HmoneyReefOkc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
**Keeping in mind just about everything with the exception of four things in this tank were $10 or below prices. This includes fish and crabs. Many of the zoas and shrooms were $2-10 at the start of this competition. i've had some zoas go from 2-4 polyps to 10-15.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 167 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back