OP
OP
HmoneyReefOkc

HmoneyReefOkc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In all of the pictures it is hard to find the following: all 7 of the Hi-Fin Gobies, 1 velvet gumdrop goby, 3 pom-pom crabs, 3 porcelain crabs, 1 candy striped pistol, 5 sexy shrimps, 4 peppermint shrimps the acro crabs unless you inspect the acro's and the surrounding rocks intensely, and most fun of all to search for is the 3 panda gobies ( which NEVER seem to be in the same area together)

OP
OP
HmoneyReefOkc

HmoneyReefOkc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was the best mod so far besides filling the overflow box with rubble rock....
th

OP
OP
HmoneyReefOkc

HmoneyReefOkc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am potentially going to be tasked with growing out a black long-nose tang for a friend of mine and it is literally 1.5" long.. it might end up being the lone large fish in this tank until it gets to be about 4-5" and can hold its own in a large reef with numerous other tangs. ***Let the tang police sit on that one. I've rehabed a yellow tang that was shredded by a purple in a 16 gallon JBJ all by itself and it did amazing and a full recovery in a couple months.

OP
OP
HmoneyReefOkc

HmoneyReefOkc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will also notice I only put one of the rocks from the Fluval in this tank, and just about everything else i took off of the other rocks, my decision being that i didn't want the green star polyps in this tank and I also didn't want the xenia either. The only thing these pictures do not have is the Red Planet frag that had insane growth going until it spent a weekend on its side on top of a slew of other corals. It is in the tank now and i'll get updated pics. It has a small burn-off spot that I was worried would spread. luckily it did not.

Art_z37

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really love the tank and I wish I had a store with cheap pieces like you do! But don't forget to post all the receipts and get assigned FMV for things you don't have receipts for. There are only 11 days left in the competition and I think they want everyone to have a list showing how we spent our budget as well as the receipts. But I may be wrong, that's just how I understood it.

OP
OP
HmoneyReefOkc

HmoneyReefOkc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, Yes we have amazing LFS here in the immediate area, I always find stellar pieces at really good deals. A huge part of it all is visiting the LFS frequently and trying to purchase most everything you can from them. I am a firm believe in the LFS and try my best to help sustain them all. I've got an abundance of receipts in a folder and just need to go through them and put them together, I had it all ready to roll with the Fluval but I took away some and added other things in setting up the Red-Sea, and actually I still have the Fluval running with nothing but zoa's and they are continuing to spread in that tank... the success i've had with the growth of zoas this time has been epic, I dont know to contribute more to the various dosing methods i've been using or singly to the Chemi-Clean i've been periodically adding, but it seems to be working well and I think the Chemi-Clean has a large function in zoa growth.. that and spot feeding daily.

th

OP
OP
HmoneyReefOkc

HmoneyReefOkc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going through receipts today. And creating full list of everything in the tank. Will add final pictures tomorrow with everything complete to date, and I just wanted to share this photo of my DT with you all... As my wife posted these religious scriptures onto my tank to send me a message.... :) .
IMG_2300.jpg

OP
OP
HmoneyReefOkc

HmoneyReefOkc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish:
7 Hi-Fin banded Gobies
Black LongNose Tang
Velvet GumDrop Goby
3 Panda Gobies
2 GreenBanded Gobies
1 Potters Wrasse

*** I took 1 target mandarin and 1 Pygmy Possum wrasse out of the tank and put in DT

Inverts:
3 PomPom Crabs
3 Porcelain Crabs
3 Candy Stripe Pistol Shrimp
2 Acropora Commensal Crabs
4 Peppermint Shrimp
5 Sexy Shrimp ( Quickly dwindling in numbers as the Velvet GumDrop hunts them) currently have three.
25-30 Mixture of Red and Blue Leg Hermits
25-30 Mixture of nassarius, dove, and stomatella snails
1 Rock Flower Nem $9.49- Petco
1 Christmas Tree Rock- $60- Wet Pets by Steve

Coral List:
1 Wild small colony of DeepWater Acro- $25- Wet Pets by Steve
1 Red Planet Colony- $45- Aquariums Edmond “okcfishlady.com”
1 Orange Setosa- $30- Aquariums Edmond “ okcfishlady.com”
1 Miami Hurricane Chalice on larger disc frag- $40- Ok-Sea-Aquariums
1 Sun Coral- $30- Ok-Sea-Aquariums
1 Diassarius plate- $22- Ok-Sea-Aquariums
2 Acan small 4 head colonies- $15 each- OK-Sea-Aquariums
1 orange mouth fungia plate less than 1”- $20- Ok-Sea-Aquariums
1 green fungia plate less than 1”- $15- Ok-Sea-Aquariums
1 Purple gorgonian- $15- Ok-Sea-Aquariums
1 Orange Blasto head- $12- Ok-Sea-Aquariums
3 heads of frogspawn- $10/each- Ok-Sea-Aquariums
2 Cyphastrea, 1 green, 1 red $10/each- Hi-Def Corals
6 Ricordea Mushroom clusters $10/each- HiDef Corals
1 Green favia frag- $10- Hi-Def Corals
1 Hollywood Stunner Frag- $10- Hi-Def Corals
= $474 if including Christmas Tree Rock, otherwise $414.
FRAGLETS: Just about everything else falls well under $5, and was all under 1”, and 1-2 zoa polyps when put into the nano, keeping in mind In addition to the receipts broken down above, I also bought 63+ frags $5-10/each from Hi-Def Corals and then from those frags I utilized a small group of about 15 frags and I cut smaller pieces such as 1-2 polyps of different kinds of zoas, all were further fragged to go into the nano with exception of the above listed Hi-Def pieces. Also, note some of the Ok-Sea-Aquariums receipts have items such as $.25-3.00 items for broken pieces that had fallen through the egg crates or were broken off of colonies/frags in shipment. Many of which did not survive. Only pieces that survived that were large enough to count towards price in the tank were a few $3-5 pieces of Acros or monti’s. Such as a red montipora cap, 2 green fuzzy ones, and two miscellaneous acros with no color. So I think with that being said there was “MAYBE” $26 worth of additional fragments that were salvageable added to the tank bringing me up to the $500 mark. As I added About 15-20 different Zoa polyps all of which have multiplied exponentially ( purchased from Hi-Def at $10/frag and typically a Hi-Def zoa frag has anywhere from 10-20 polyps), so I put no more than $20 worth of zoas in this tank at the startup of competition * and took many out with the rocks I did not put back into the tank when transferred to the RedSea.

A running list of things I fragged and added fragments of frags: ( Many of which were removed with the two pieces of rock from my Fluval that did not go back into my RedSea Upgrade, noted with an *)
1 Yuma Ricordea*
Long polyp mushroom leather*
Pulsing Xenia*
Red Mushroom*
Maroon Mushroom*
Birdsnest frag
Merletie blastomussa frag
Yellow gorgonian frag * some of it made it into RedSea
Purple gornoian frag* Some of it made it into RedSea
Favia frag
Red Monti frag
Dragonsbreath Macro* Didn’t make it as my crabs/Tang ate it
Monti Confusa frag*
Mint Pavona frag
Tiny Fire Coral* It made it but only in skeleton form
Small Clove Frag *
Finger Leather*
Yellow Polyp*
Button Polyp* (Sadly one or two managed to sneak their way into the Red Sea but not by design)
Small Tubastrea frags * 1 head technically is still in the Red Sea
Frogspawn* Took out several heads and only kept 3 in the Red Sea
Mummy Eye Chalice
Xenia* Sadly somehow some spread to my birdsnest mother frag, since I have separated it into several pieces to try and keep some alive.
Green Star Polyps* Made sure not to put into my RedSea
Small Anthellia
Platygyrra
About 15-20 different Zoa polyps all of which have multiplied exponentially ( purchased from Hi-Def at $10/frag and typically a Hi-Def zoa frag has anywhere from 10-20 polyps), so I put no more than $20 worth of zoas in this tank at the startup of competition.

Last edited:

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 137 74.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 8.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 27 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.6%
Back