No idea what these are, any guesses?

WrasseMan89

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 5, 2024
Messages
40
Reaction score
10
Location
U.S.A
What state or country do you live in
Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had ostreopsis for a while about 2 months ago. I shut the UV off and I was good for a minute, then I noticed this dusty brown algae on my glass and the same dusting on my powerhead (dusting on powerhead looks real deep red). I took a sample and I can't figure out what the heck these are or how to treat it. I put in my UV hoping it takes care of it. My torches seem a little grouchy and the brown junk is starting to appear on my SPS. If my microscope is legit, it should be 1000 magnification (40x lens and 25x ocular). Could this be prymnesium parvum?
 

Attachments

  • 20250403_152152.mp4
    9.4 MB
I can’t open the photi
 
Nope, upload it to imgur or youtube and post a link. This site doesn't do well with videos.
 
Sorry for all the trouble, I can't get a video to upload to imgur or YT. The quality ends up so bad that you can't make anything out (probably because my android has poor video uploading). I have posted some screenshot to imgur, hopefully that will work at least. The small organisms move very quickly and erratically.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new