NO2 AND NO3 rise

alexytman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been doing my cycle for a week or 2, a had a diatom bloom while back. I used LR etc. and live bacteria added to water. However, I noticed my Nitrite AND nitrate levels are rising at the same time. Is that normal? my LR ratio is 80% Live 20% dead I have some green algae growing few days after diatom bloom. Now am waiting for diatom to die down then do my water changes.

OP
OP
alexytman

alexytman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything you want to add? I appreciate ANYTHING about saltwater, even off topic. Bcuz i want to learn as much as possible and as soon as possible about saltwater reef tanks.

Maacc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just give it another couple of weeks. From what you are describing you are having some die off on the live rock from shipping and bacteria levels are still in flux. Your best friend at this point is just patience.

Maacc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also you can try hitting your rocks with a powerhead just to blast them clean if there is any internal die off.
As brandon indicated pictures would help.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your nitrate level only seems to rise. If you have nitrite - you can´t do any nitrate measurements because the interference from nitrite is huge – you will get a true false reading :)

Sincerely Lasse

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back