NO3:PO4-X filtration clogging

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I'm not the first to experience this, but is it something that eventually clears up? At first I was dosing just 10ml in my 130G system. Result within 24 hours was totally clogged filter socks and carbon canisters. After several days of dosing and changing filter socks I just stopped for a couple of days. No more clogging.
Then I started again with just 5ml. It took a little longer, but socks clogged again.

Is it a common early stage phenomenon that goes away after a while?

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it will go away in time. You will use less as you bring your nitrates down. I had the same thing when I first starting using it. But dang if it didn't bring the nitrates down. I'm using 1 ml a day now. Filter socks last like normal.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you get it dialed in it may decrease but it will always be a problem. Dialing your skimmer to a wetter skimmate also helps. I've been using it on one tank almost 2 years and another a year, filter socks clog super fast and keeping your pumps and lines clear of gunk has to part of normal maintenance. If I dial it back to where this is not an issue, it does not control the level of nitrates to my liking.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back