Noise from a Aquamaxx HOB-1

Zwogle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all!
I'm curious to find out from other owners have the same or similar level of noise coming from their units. I have a good amount of gargling from the output side, and without an extra line on the air intake, it would be way to loud and annoying.
The water line is about 3/4" from the top of the tank, and the output is around 2" under the surface. Things I have tried: adding filter floss to the air intake chamber to absorb sound, increasing the size of the tube running out of the unit (replaced the T with a 3/4" to 1"). Nothing seems to help...

I see a lot of reviews talking about how quiet this skimmer is, so is the noise level (from the video bellow) seem about right or did I install it incorrectly?

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You either need to clean the skimmer or take it apart and clear out the salt creep in the venturi port. That gargling sound lets me know when to clean the salt creep in the port. Hope that helps :)

johnnyk731

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to put rubber tape over the large hole on the return that faces up this cured the noise for me when I had my up and running. I've sold it since. But a good soak in a hot vinegar bath always helps too

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back