Noise issue from return line nozzle

lel

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 17, 2023
Messages
33
Reaction score
11
Location
Mars
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m experiencing intermittent bubbling noise coming from the return line nozzle at the top of my tank. Upon inspection, I noticed a small hole in the return line, located just before the dual flare nozzle. When I cover the hole, the noise stops, but I assume the hole is there by design and shouldn’t be blocked. This is for a 75-gallon aquarium. I’ve attached pictures for reference. Any advice on resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

IMG_0504.jpeg IMG_0493.jpeg IMG_0497.jpeg IMG_0498.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0499.mov
    82.3 MB
The hole before the dual flare nozzle i'm assuming is an anti-siphon break. So if your pump fails, instead of all the water siphoning back into the sump, the hole allows air in and breaks the siphon. Not sure why covering the hole would get rid of the noise though unless there's air getting sucked into the hole. is the hole below the water line or is it above it?
 
I tried both positions with the hole below and above the water line. When it’s above the water line (as it should be I think) it makes constant bubbling noises at the nozzle ends. But when it’s submerged into water, it makes less noise overall, but does it from time to time.
 
This is a hole I am talking about
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0441.jpeg
    IMG_0441.jpeg
    121.1 KB · Views: 57

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new