Noisy pipes ??

Saaqib_Ansari

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had knee surgery so am sleeping downstairs and my lord the noises the tank makes is doing my nut in. My tank never used to do this was super silent but now it’s always gurgling.

The water is going over the wire into the overflow section but it’s just about reaching the pipe that leads into the sump. And whenever air gets in it makes that gurgling sound. (See video)

In my head I thought the return pump isn’t pumping the water into the tank fast enough so I made it higher but the level in the sump dropped instantly. I’ve tried add more total volume to the DT see if that helps but it does nothing.

Is there any solution to do this ?

https://youtube.com/shorts/Q9dwYjFZruA?feature=share

Crustaceon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The small airline tubing on your secondary drain is likely clogged, causing the secondary drain to try to full-siphon the moment the water level reaches the inlet.

nothing_fancy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Second that, if it was working fine for a while when you first set it up then this would be a maintenance issue. I would have a look at the whole plumbing and do a clean out. Also have a look at your return pump and ato just in case since you're going to be digging around in there anyways.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back