noisy turbo snail

  • Thread starter Thread starter Beam
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Beam

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 13, 2020
Messages
127
Reaction score
109
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a funny problem with my turbo snails.

they are in love with my powerheads.

they go up to the pump, and park themselves between the window and the pump, so when the pump turns, it makes a vibration and a kind of tac tac tac very fast and still very loud.

The problem is that they only come out at night, so for some time now, every night, around 1-2am, this ******* wakes me up, I have to remove it from the pump, and move it somewhere else...
I have cleaned the pump, brushed it etc and it keeps going back almost every night

any suggestions on how to get him to stop going there?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new