Noo-Psyche K7 Mini WiFi Control

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Chuplen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm I just follow the steps in tutorial but I will try. I spent all My day trying to solve this
So currently your lights will start ramping at 0800 hrs and turn completely off at 2100 hrs. What time were you having issues with the lights turning off or on?

Chuplen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So currently your lights will start ramping at 0800 hrs and turn completely off at 2100 hrs. What time were you having issues with the lights turning off or on?
Everytime!! The light percentage dont change until I open the app and mode. The time pass and pass and pass and still the same color. but if I open the mode, the app show me the message that I mentioned and connect and change to the percentage it should be.

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everytime!! The light percentage dont change until I open the app and mode. The time pass and pass and pass and still the same color. but if I open the mode, the app show me the message that I mentioned and connect and change to the percentage it should be.
Hmmm that is interesting. I would try removing the app and reinstalling go through the link process and start fresh. This makes me feel as if its not getting connection. And you have a wireless router so it not hotspot on a mobile device....go to the light and tap the r button what color is it blinking?

Chuplen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm that is interesting. I would try removing the app and reinstalling go through the link process and start fresh. This makes me feel as if its not getting connection. And you have a wireless router so it not hotspot on a mobile device....go to the light and tap the r button what color is it blinking?
Retry all the process? I can do this. Now the light is off and a red spot is flashing. As you ask, I tap the R button and first flash blue and now the blue spot is on without flash

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did again the factory settings and try the AP mode and still the same
@noopsyche any ideas its sound like it is a connection issue as when he is in the app things function great moment he leaves the app its like loss of connection and function....

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I have the exact same problem as you Chuplen. I believe it is a chipset issue. I tried it on android and iphone with the same result as you. If you watch the schedule as it gets time to update .... it will say something like "failed to establishish connection" If i exit and enter the app , it updates and works again. weird issue. I am using this light on my QT tank with a timer as a work around.

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the exact same problem as you Chuplen. I believe it is a chipset issue. I tried it on android and iphone with the same result as you. If you watch the schedule as it gets time to update .... it will say something like "failed to establishish connection" If i exit and enter the app , it updates and works again. weird issue. I am using this light on my QT tank with a timer as a work around.
Are you doing wifi or AP mode? I had a weird issue where I was connected to wifi just fine for a few months, then it started with the "failed to establish connection" messages when I wanted to adjust and couldn't reconnect. The light still went through the programmed schedule, but I couldn't make changes. Then I switched to AP mode and it has been working on AP since.

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I tried it in AP mode. It would not connect to wifi mode. If Noopsyche can a design good user interface and connection, this light would be right up there.

Paulb89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to the video, it can be judged that there is a problem with the small part board, and a small part need to be replaced. Check the message I sent you
I have just recieved and set up my light and it does the exact same as chuprens video as above
What can I do? What's the fix?

fr3n0z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the exact same problem for a light bought on aliexpress. Is now around 2 weeks i am waiting for a replacement board. If you bought directly on noopsyche it should go faster (hope for you). That's must be a batch of light being shipped without basic QC.

Only way to use it now is to put it in manual and use a normal plug timer to turn it on/off until you get the part.

I have just recieved and set up my light and it does the exact same as chuprens video as above
What can I do? What's the fix?
Now im so sad. But I can connect the wifi without problem, the lan mode works as the ap mode
1684943423653.png

Paulb89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck getting your part, and replacing it yourself. This is the primary reason people stick with a major brand .

How annoying, I got my light from Ali express, I know this is going to be a fight so I might just ask for my money back and get a different light sadly

It's really something when we have options to all the great lights but the connectivity is always an issue. Even the named brands aren't immune.

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How annoying, I got my light from Ali express, I know this is going to be a fight so I might just ask for my money back and get a different light sadly

It's really something when we have options to all the great lights but the connectivity is always an issue. Even the named brands aren't immune.
Where are you located? Is there a reason you went with ali express instead of noopsychereeflight.com? Here to help if anything is needed i am working with @noopsyche and @Zach B to assist in problems and any issues that can ultimately be resolved.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 28.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back