Noo-Psyche K7 Pro V3 - Wrong Power Supply?

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I won‘t be stupid enough to mass-produce something that doesn't meet the standards for use. You may have overlooked what I said, but the cost of this power supply is higher, not cheaper. It is impossible to reduce quality to save costs. If we want earn more, we can get there by uping prices.

Last edited:

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It’s still a great cooperation with Zach, it’s just out of stock in the United States so it’s shipped from China currently. "customized", which does not mean that the power has been changed, but that it conforms to some specifications(such as line,interface) of the lamp. This power (126watt output) originally meets the full power usage requirements of K7 PRO III, otherwise we would not put it into mass production.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the concern? I thought it was all cleared up pages ago
How so...

From what I read they are offering up a power supply that's working on the ragged edge of being 'in spec'. Frankly with most power supplies being made in china with crap parts @ the component level, its all suspect when it comes to output quality and service life.

Noop at least up rate your power supply output @ 24vdc so that there are no fears/potential issues. It feels like they are cheaping out about it.

Other brands from the other side of the pacific are providing power supplies that are at least slightly overrated for the application, Noop can as well.

MIke Wood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got around to setting up the light on my new build this weekend. Those who do have the light and are running them with the new power bricks and the old power bricks. Does your supplies get super warm. I've never had a supply get this hot before. I'm running the k7 in a t5 hybrid fixture. I'm only running the blues. Blues ramp to 90 for 1.5 hours then stay at 90% for a little over an hour. Then ramp down to 60 and stay at 60 for 5 hours then ramp up to 90 for 1 hour then ramp downnto zero for 1.5 hours. So should be running the light at less than half the wattage the light is rated for. Just curious if this is normal. I messaged noop but just want to see if this is Normal since they take a little longer to respond because of the time difference.

jtone_philthy_aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my light today. That shipping time was impressive considering the package was shipped from china.
IMG_5832.jpeg

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hey all. So sorry for my long absence and lack of messaging. I am back at work with everything in stock. I sincerely apologize for my delay in responding to this. It looks to have been clarified by Noopsyche about the new power supply. If anyone has any questions or concerns please feel free to message me.

murphreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. So sorry for my long absence and lack of messaging. I am back at work with everything in stock. I sincerely apologize for my delay in responding to this. It looks to have been clarified by Noopsyche about the new power supply. If anyone has any questions or concerns please feel free to message me.
Looking to purchase a few Noo-Psyche K7 Pro V3 very soon. Do yall ever have a black Friday sale for these light fixtures?

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to purchase a few Noo-Psyche K7 Pro V3 very soon. Do yall ever have a black Friday sale for these light fixtures?
They did last year but jacked the price up so it was actually higher than a week before :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
To be honest your probably better buying now. With the R2R discount (used to be 7%) puts them at around $172. I waited untill after the black Friday sale last year to purchase 3. Black Friday sales have been nothing but hype for the last several years IMO

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Lots of packages went out this week. Please pm me for tracking info or with any questions. Hope everyone has a great weekend :)

murphreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They did last year but jacked the price up so it was actually higher than a week before :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
To be honest your probably better buying now. With the R2R discount (used to be 7%) puts them at around $172. I waited untill after the black Friday sale last year to purchase 3. Black Friday sales have been nothing but hype for the last several years IMO
Good to know!
How do I get the R2R discount is there a code I can use for their website?

Aaron75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know!
How do I get the R2R discount is there a code I can use for their website?
Ya, during checkout on their website there will be a section for a code. Just type and submit R2R and it'll add it.

mherb24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my light today. That shipping time was impressive considering the package was shipped from china.
IMG_5832.jpeg
I got my light in yesterday, after reading this thread first thing I did was cranck the light up for a while and then test the temperature and the brick. I wavered, but the higher end was 88 degrees. Now we keep our home cooler at 71 and the are sitting on hard surface, not carpet.

IMG_2084.jpeg

But they honestly look nice. With a 60 breeder, I'm more worried about bleaching my corals.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 26 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 56.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 7.1%
Back