Noopsyche K7 mini 60w wifi

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you convinced me about the k7 mini.. I bought mine today.:cool:
I hope I didn't fall for a scam hahaha
I don't believe you'll be disappointed! For the price point - you get a lot of light compared to others that are over 2x the price. When I first started to use it, the stray light from the sides to the walls was quite annoying, but I found a place that sells a square shade for it, and made a difference, and I think it made the light look even better as it puts some squareness to it - matches my tank :)

Where did you order it from - directly from Noopsyche or somewhere else?

border_black

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't believe you'll be disappointed! For the price point - you get a lot of light compared to others that are over 2x the price. When I first started to use it, the stray light from the sides to the walls was quite annoying, but I found a place that sells a square shade for it, and made a difference, and I think it made the light look even better as it puts some squareness to it - matches my tank :)

Where did you order it from - directly from Noopsyche or somewhere else?
I bought it on aliexpress.. do you have any pictures of your tank?
Aliexpress has a new brakect, is it worth buying?

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
you convinced me about the k7 mini.. I bought mine today.:cool:
I hope I didn't fall for a scam hahaha
No scam, great lights! They're all I run.

OP
OP
N1tew0lf1212

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone ive created another noopsyche thread to share all settings time stamps distance from water from minis to the 140w big brother. Please feel free to share your settings and everything on that post would love to continue the community we have established here on there as well. Hope everyone is doing well today and look forward to seeing your posts. Link is below....

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I would also like to add that setup was a breeze if you have a dual band wifi router you will have to set up an individual 2.4 channel for the light but it was simple enough. Once i was linked everything was super simple from there no issues with connection and i can control from anywhere in the house. Ramp up and down is awesome going in 1% increments to be able to fine tune the light settings and i would give an overall rating of a 10 on how easy it is to control the app interface and adjust settings in the app. The wifi capability really does make the new wifi version a breeze for control. Over this next week i will be dialing in the settings and making adjustments. Once set i will post permanent settings.
Are there directions on how to set up the 2.4 channel?
I am technologically challenged and have no clue how to do this....
Do you have this outlined anywhere in this thread? I haven't had the chance to read through all 12 pages yet.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Do you have this outlined anywhere in this thread? I haven't had the chance to read through all 12 pages yet.
These lights say 2.4 but mine connected to my 5g right away.

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
These lights say 2.4 but mine connected to my 5g right away.
Interesting, I wasn't able to get mine to connect. I kept getting error messages saying it needed 2.4.
I'll have to try again.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Interesting, I wasn't able to get mine to connect. I kept getting error messages saying it needed 2.4.
I'll have to try again.
If issues, call your internet provider. They can tell you how to change your settings

OP
OP
N1tew0lf1212

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Message me ill work you through out

border_black

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No scam, great lights! They're all I run.
I received mine today.. only the aquarium is missing. The construction is very good. Still picking up on the app but think I'll get the hang of it soon.
IMG_5999 Pequena.jpeg

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

keirb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it is during my daylight period it actually is a lot easier on the eyes with the white lighting. Ramp up and down is to the percentage and all spectrum can be adjusted by 1% i absolutely love this light. It has made a huge difference and is your in need of something for light spill @Projects with Sam can def. Help.....i would say go for it you wont be disappointed.
Hi,

Seeing as you posted this all last year i was just wondering if you’re still using this light and how it’s going for you.

I’m looking for a kinda affordable light for my nano tank and so far this one seems fit. Before i’m gonna buy it tho i thought why not ask you since you seemed so fond of it but stopped giving updates

Kind regards

Aaron75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Seeing as you posted this all last year i was just wondering if you’re still using this light and how it’s going for you.

I’m looking for a kinda affordable light for my nano tank and so far this one seems fit. Before i’m gonna buy it tho i thought why not ask you since you seemed so fond of it but stopped giving updates

Kind regards
Not who you asked but I've also used the light for about a year. It's amazing. Best nano light available imo, regardless of budget.

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same. Great for the price. App needs lots of work, but once you get it set you're good. I'm running the mini on two different tanks.

keirb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not who you asked but I've also used the light for about a year. It's amazing. Best nano light available imo, regardless of budget.
I saw on some reviews online that the color spectrum is mainly blue light and barely any whites. Is that true or did they just not figure out how the app works?

Aaron75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw on some reviews online that the color spectrum is mainly blue light and barely any whites. Is that true or did they just not figure out how the app works?
It's 3 channels, 2 blue and 1 white. The spectrum is primarily blue because that's what coral needs but you can make it white.

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a lot of configuration with those 3 channels. I'm running about 40% blues and about 20% whites. There's loads more room to add more white, I just prefer this combo.

keithIHS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought mine 15 months ago, and it just recently stopped working. 1 year warranty. I thought maybe it was overheating, but I took it apart and it was very clean. I'll be replacing it with something else.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back