OP
N1tew0lf1212

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm likely going to buy one of these lights for a nano I have, the current light is so weak and I'd like to start populating this tank with corals. I tried an anemone with my current light and it slowly withered away. Par was about 40 where the nem was but it never moved, just withered.

So I originally had this noop light and the one I ended up buying in mind for my tank, i ended up going with the other because it would fit under the stock hood I had with it, and the noop would have had to be mounted with the arm. Now having serious thoughts of ditching the other light and brining on the noop. I need that PAR! When I get the light I can report Par readings. My tank is 18" tall (column tank) even though it's small so it should still provide useful readings for others.
Here is my column with the noop. You will like it and it does give off some good light..

Attachments

• 20220908_102250.jpg
    20220908_102250.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 82
  • 20220909_092318.jpg
    20220909_092318.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 81

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I did check the temp of my wall wart with all channels at max and it was 135 degrees, again not what I would consider hot but very warm.
I'm not sure how many would run all channels at 100% - the light is quite powerful and depending on the tank size it's used with, that'll probably lead to coral bleaching. I have mine set at 45% Blues and 5% Whites for 15 inch deep tank by 21 inch wide tank and PAR value is ample. Ie. 90 PAR on the side, 120 - 160 near bottom and mid tank, and 220 3 inches from the surface

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure how many would run all channels at 100% - the light is quite powerful and depending on the tank size it's used with, that'll probably lead to coral bleaching. I have mine set at 45% Blues and 5% Whites for 15 inch deep tank by 21 inch wide tank and PAR value is ample. Ie. 90 PAR on the side, 120 - 160 near bottom and mid tank, and 220 3 inches from the surface
I won’t be running it at max either. I was just doing it as a test as the worst possible scenario to see how hot the wall wart would get.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I run all blue and UV at 100%, white at 10-15%, and green/red at 35%.

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I won’t be running it at max either. I was just doing it as a test as the worst possible scenario to see how hot the wall wart would get.
Yeah, nothing to worry about with temperatures - my other non noopsyche light was actually very warm and it's half the wattage.

reefishee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mind sharing the QR for your schedule?

border_black

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the light. Bought a second one to run two over my 40L upgrade instead of 2x AI primes. I just wish they had an 18" flex arm. @Zach B I can't be the only one who wants this?!?

I imagine the app will eventually get better, but it does the job, and I can make a quasi-Saxby setting from it.

I'll have PAR numbers in a few weeks once I get a meter. Right now just going by guesswork, but the corals look as happy or more than they were under the previous light, so probably in the ballpark.
this solves your problem?
https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/1000...cf2d-65ca-4a14-a717-ba85a99e31ab-1&pdp_ext_f= %7B%22sku_id%22%3A%2212000030941557344%22%7D&pdp_npi=3%40dis%21BRL%21180.8%21124.74%21%21%21%21%21%40212240a316771762655352525d06cd%2112000030941557344%21sea%21BR%21848827248&curPageLogUid=Bzw9mC8hpLEK

border_black

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im looking for a light for my 15gallon nano, max spect is lower than k7 mini? can I use sps and lps only with the k7? or would it be necessary for me to buy a more powerful one like k7 pro or another brand..

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im looking for a light for my 15gallon nano, max spect is lower than k7 mini? can I use sps and lps only with the k7? or would it be necessary for me to buy a more powerful one like k7 pro or another brand..
You don't need the K7 Pro for your tank - the K7 mini is really all you need unless you want the additional light LEDs in the K7Pro, but the white, blue and red on the K7 mini works for me - I only use the Blues and Whites as is to give the look that I want while not compromising what the corals need. So far I have soft, lps and sps in the tank and no issues.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The K7 mini is perfect for a 15g tank and I know many people put it on the Innovative Marine 15g cube, which is what I did. You definitely do not need the extra power from the k7 pro v3.
The light comes with some default sps and lps modes, but IMO they’re too high on intensity. You can program the light to any intensity per channel (there are 3) that you want.

border_black

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The K7 mini is perfect for a 15g tank and I know many people put it on the Innovative Marine 15g cube, which is what I did. You definitely do not need the extra power from the k7 pro v3.
The light comes with some default sps and lps modes, but IMO they’re too high on intensity. You can program the light to any intensity per channel (there are 3) that you want.
You don't need the K7 Pro for your tank - the K7 mini is really all you need unless you want the additional light LEDs in the K7Pro, but the white, blue and red on the K7 mini works for me - I only use the Blues and Whites as is to give the look that I want while not compromising what the corals need. So far I have soft, lps and sps in the tank and no issues.
regarding the configuration of the app with the mesh network, did anyone find a solution? I have google wifi and apparently I can't direct a 2.4 network to a specific device.. that makes me insecure about the k7 mini.

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
regarding the configuration of the app with the mesh network, did anyone find a solution? I have google wifi and apparently I can't direct a 2.4 network to a specific device.. that makes me insecure about the k7 mini.
I'm assuming the solution is to buy a 2.4Gz wireless router and connect it to your existing WiFi, and set the 2.4Ghz router with its own access point (AP) WiFi name - you would then be connecting the light to this AP and as well your phone as well.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was unable to get it to work with my mesh system, although to be fair I gave up quickly. I use mine in AP mode which just means you have to connect to its Wi-Fi signal before changing settings, and you lose the ability to change setting remotely (I have no clue why anyone would ever want to do that anyway).

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was unable to get it to work with my mesh system, although to be fair I gave up quickly. I use mine in AP mode which just means you have to connect to its Wi-Fi signal before changing settings, and you lose the ability to change setting remotely (I have no clue why anyone would ever want to do that anyway).
Because when my microwave is running and all of my tank lights are running at 100% it trips the breaker.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because when my microwave is running and all of my tank lights are running at 100% it trips the breaker.
I don’t understand, is your microwave connected to the same breaker as your lights but not near the lights? In AP mode you just have to be physically near the light to make changes because you have to connect to the lights ssid. For something that most people don’t change regularly it’s not a big deal to me. I almost like the old controller better than the app honestly.

eta- why would you be changing setting on the light because you trip a breaker? Do you go into the lights and turn the intensity down everytime you have to use the microwave?

Last edited:

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t understand, is your microwave connected to the same breaker as your lights but not near the lights? In AP mode you just have to be physically near the light to make changes because you have to connect to the lights ssid. For something that most people don’t change regularly it’s not a big deal to me. I almost like the old controller better than the app honestly.
I recently switched to AP, and I like it better--I don't forget to switch my wifi back to 5ghz :)

border_black

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

eta- why would you be changing setting on the light because you trip a breaker? Do you go into the lights and turn the intensity down everytime you have to use the microwave?
Yes, yes, if they're running at 100%. My house is wired stupidly. My fish tanks (all of them), my microwave, my dining room, and my living room and family room (technically a divided great room?) are all on the same circuit. If my wife is trying to heat something up in the microwave I have to shut off my light on the 110 and turn down the lights on the 125. I usually shut off the living room, dining room, and family room lights as well. I think it's only because we have an inversion microwave because it didn't do it with the old microwave.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back