OP
N1tew0lf1212

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply. I have 6 of the 140w and I knew they get warm but I expected they would because of the cooling fins built into them (at least on my non Wi-Fi model). I was just a little surprised when I felt the one for the mini.
Yea the mini for the size gets hot for sure. One thing i can say is that with the intensity the light is receiving and it being 60w might not aid in the power brick. When i asked noop about this was immediately assured that the temp should never exceed the warm touch. One thing i was going to do was take a heat temp gun and check after 2 hrs of peak running and send it off when i do this i will send you a picture of the temp.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea the mini for the size gets hot for sure. One thing i can say is that with the intensity the light is receiving and it being 60w might not aid in the power brick. When i asked noop about this was immediately assured that the temp should never exceed the warm touch. One thing i was going to do was take a heat temp gun and check after 2 hrs of peak running and send it off when i do this i will send you a picture of the temp.
I will do the same tomorrow and we can compare numbers. I may turn my light up to max intensity on all channels to see what it gets too under the heaviest load.

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will do the same tomorrow and we can compare numbers. I may turn my light up to max intensity on all channels to see what it gets too under the heaviest load.
Ran to check mine (for the first time) but realized it's running at only 2% blue right now :)
Will touch check tomorrow mid-day.

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So minus the wifi whats everyone think about the light? I was pretty shocked at the intensity with how small the light was and does offer a relatively good spread. There are some networks that wont be compatible due to the way the mesh network is set up. With mine it is easy to create a seperate ssid and password for both channels so you can specifically seclude one or the other. A lot of networks are going more towards a mesh that you can not individualize and i think once things change a new method of connection will become available. As for lights and availability there is now a us representative that is carrying these lights so shipping should be a little better in the future and maybe not as long.
I like the light. Bought a second one to run two over my 40L upgrade instead of 2x AI primes. I just wish they had an 18" flex arm. @Zach B I can't be the only one who wants this?!?

I imagine the app will eventually get better, but it does the job, and I can make a quasi-Saxby setting from it.

I'll have PAR numbers in a few weeks once I get a meter. Right now just going by guesswork, but the corals look as happy or more than they were under the previous light, so probably in the ballpark.

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received a shade for the K7 mini today - I like the square look of it - kind of looks like a Red Sea light in the end.

Got it from: https://kc3dcad.etsy.com/

I ended up buying the taller version, so that it shows less of the roundness of the fixture. Stray light definitely minimized, and more importantly, I can view the tank while sitting down.

20230220.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
N1tew0lf1212

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I did check the temp of my wall wart with all channels at max and it was 135 degrees, again not what I would consider hot but very warm.
Yea i was unable to get a check in today super busy day at work but will check soon so we can compare. Still 135 is def. High side of warm

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea i was unable to get a check in today super busy day at work but will check soon so we can compare. Still 135 is def. High side of warm
While playing around with the light I also realized I’ve been running mine at nearly max. My tank is still cycling so I never paid that much attention to the setting because the par doesn’t matter yet.

OP
OP
N1tew0lf1212

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While playing around with the light I also realized I’ve been running mine at nearly max. My tank is still cycling so I never paid that much attention to the setting because the par doesn’t matter yet.
At least you caught it

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I did check the temp of my wall wart with all channels at max and it was 135 degrees, again not what I would consider hot but very warm.
I hope 135 deg temperature measured was in Fahrenheit and not Celcius.

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the light. Bought a second one to run two over my 40L upgrade instead of 2x AI primes. I just wish they had an 18" flex arm. @Zach B I can't be the only one who wants this?!?

I imagine the app will eventually get better, but it does the job, and I can make a quasi-Saxby setting from it.

I'll have PAR numbers in a few weeks once I get a meter. Right now just going by guesswork, but the corals look as happy or more than they were under the previous light, so probably in the ballpark.
I'm thinking that the Noopsyche KIII pro arm would work - the K7Mini is just held on by a screw up top, so you should be able to mount it on this arm.

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm likely going to buy one of these lights for a nano I have, the current light is so weak and I'd like to start populating this tank with corals. I tried an anemone with my current light and it slowly withered away. Par was about 40 where the nem was but it never moved, just withered.

So I originally had this noop light and the one I ended up buying in mind for my tank, i ended up going with the other because it would fit under the stock hood I had with it, and the noop would have had to be mounted with the arm. Now having serious thoughts of ditching the other light and brining on the noop. I need that PAR! When I get the light I can report Par readings. My tank is 18" tall (column tank) even though it's small so it should still provide useful readings for others.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm likely going to buy one of these lights for a nano I have, the current light is so weak and I'd like to start populating this tank with corals. I tried an anemone with my current light and it slowly withered away. Par was about 40 where the nem was but it never moved, just withered.

So I originally had this noop light and the one I ended up buying in mind for my tank, i ended up going with the other because it would fit under the stock hood I had with it, and the noop would have had to be mounted with the arm. Now having serious thoughts of ditching the other light and brining on the noop. I need that PAR! When I get the light I can report Par readings. My tank is 18" tall (column tank) even though it's small so it should still provide useful readings for others.
You can modify the hood and mount the Noop without the arm.

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
135 deg F I think is okay...my other light was hot to the touch, with the Noopysche, it just feels warm.

The 135 deg F was measured at 100% all 3 channels yes?

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, mine reads a bit lower, but not much. Did you measure the temperature when the lights were on at least for an 1 hour(or more) and with 100% set for all channels?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back