Noopsyche K7 mini 60w wifi

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
if I'm close to the light, it doesn't connect, I need to be at least 4 meters away to use app connection
ahh? have never heard that it takes 4 meters to connect :face-with-tears-of-joy:

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
how nice you think it's funny your product has a terrible wifi...
It's interesting though. My water meters are the same way. If I want to connect to them I have to be within 200 feet but no closer than 10 feet. Too close and they can't see each other, too far and they can't hear each other basically. I also have some WiFi plugs on my aquarium that are the same way. I have to be at least 3 feet away or it doesn't recognize it.

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
how nice you think it's funny your product has a terrible wifi...
Not that means.
the light can be connected even it is close to phone. I am not sure whether it is the reason of the environment.

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not that means.
the light can be connected even it is close to phone. I am not sure whether it is the reason of the environment.
Hi @noopsyche since you're active, will you be making a longer flex arm for the Mini? An 18 inch would be really helpful, since the recommended coverage is 20 x 20 inch, and the 12 inch arm cannot make it to the center of that space without bending right at the base, which puts the light too close to the water--this is especially the case with AIOs that lose a few inches behind the display.

Any chance that will be something you offer?

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @noopsyche since you're active, will you be making a longer flex arm for the Mini? An 18 inch would be really helpful, since the recommended coverage is 20 x 20 inch, and the 12 inch arm cannot make it to the center of that space without bending right at the base, which puts the light too close to the water--this is especially the case with AIOs that lose a few inches behind the display.

Any chance that will be something you offer?
I'm assuming that the 12 inch height is the optimal distance that the light works best at to provide the best coverage, and if that's the case, perhaps a solid metal type bar that is 12 inch vertical and on the top a horizontal bar that can slide and be customized to a distance that is needed might be better?

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the K7 mini when does the fan come on? In my case, it only comes on for a few seconds when I first plug it in, and that's it.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
On the K7 mini when does the fan come on? In my case, it only comes on for a few seconds when I first plug it in, and that's it.
Mine comes on randomly throughout the day. Should depend on the temperature of the light.

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only running mine at about 50% blues/violets and 15% whites, so it only comes on occasionally and for a short time.

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok got it....fan came on briefly, so I guess it was warm enough for it to to come on.

When mounting the light to the tank, the 2 screws I'm assuming should go outside of the glass...correct? I'm hoping the metal plate doesn't corrode over time from the salt?

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ok got it....fan came on briefly, so I guess it was warm enough for it to to come on.

When mounting the light to the tank, the 2 screws I'm assuming should go outside of the glass...correct? I'm hoping the metal plate doesn't corrode over time from the salt?
No. Screws are plastic and go inside, metal goes outside.

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For anyone that purchased the light shade for the Mini, doesn't it impede the spread of the light by narrowing down the light rays?

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gave up trying to connect through wifi, probably better though with all the spyware out. I only use a throwaway device with my mini
Maybe I can help - at least share my experience as I got mine a few days ago. It took me about 15 minutes or so to understand what is needed to be done, but after that I figured the iffy instructions out. Here's what I did:

1. Ensure phone is connected to home WiFi using the 2.4Ghz band
2. Plug in the light, and press R button and don't let go until you see it BLUE. It'll cycle to flashing red then eventually flash to blue - once you see that then you can let go. It is now in LAN mode. The instructions says to let go of the R button when the red stops flashing....I didn't let go until I saw blue instead.
3. Proceed to step 2 and 3 of the instructions.

I did the above after trying to follow the instructions on the sheet of paper, but eventually figured out the 3 steps I noted down worked like a charm.

I initially set it up with AP mode, but that wasn't ideal for me as then I'd have to keep on switching off my WiFi on the phone to connect to the light directly.

Hope this helps? Not sure what challenges you're experiencing, but feel free to reach back out. I think the key is ensuring the light is in LAN mode - the instructions aren't good in communicating how to do that.

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only running mine at about 50% blues/violets and 15% whites, so it only comes on occasionally and for a short time.
Thanks - by the way, not sure what lid you have on your EVO, but I have the mesh one, which is bowing nicely in the middle, but for now, I'm using it...I cut a notch in the middle with a hacksaw and dremel tool and worked like a charm.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
For anyone that purchased the light shade for the Mini, doesn't it impede the spread of the light by narrowing down the light rays?
That's part of the point. It helps eliminate some of the light "splash" outside the tank and direct it into the tank instead of your eyes. I'm sure some light is lost in the process.

JZ199

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if I would have to set up 2 different wifi connections for 2 of the k7 mini's and then program them separately? I contacted customer service and from my understanding there's no master/slave light, so I'm not even sure how I would go about running 2 of them? And I don't want to buy 2 of the K7 Pros.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 38 28.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 19.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back