OP
C

cliftonrouse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the units runs for a little while and then shuts off for 5-10 minutes, then turns back on.

It does that all day.

I would guess overheating, but the fan comes on, so…?

The other unit works flawlessly.
This is my biggest concern after going through the issues with my order. Although they are a considered a deal at the price, if something goes wrong $170 is still alot of money for a paper weight. I am sure they will get your situation straight, just stay on them. If all fails file a claim with paypal or your credit card.

OP
OP
C

cliftonrouse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW I had similar issues back sometime last yr ..it was a sale ..and others rec'd their orders -I didn't- weeks later..constant badgering noop and zach and posting trash on here ,finally got it shipped...Their people skills suck , period ..order with low expectations on turnaround time.
At this point, I do not even want the light. I just want my money back.

Gill the 3rd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered my light on 12/23 for the Christmas sale. I didn't get any tracking information for a little bit and emailed on 1/1 to check the status. Right after I emailed I got tracking information and I got an email response on 1/2 letting me know it had shipped. Arrived at my door 1/5. I was nervous about ordering it because I have read numerous threads on this forum about spotty customer service, but it worked out for me.

Gill the 3rd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just powered mine up last night and I must admit I am impressed by the light. Its a great light for the price. Shame the ordering process has been such a hassle for people. I must have been one of the lucky ones. I hope it all works out for the OP.

SomeHappyFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just powered mine up last night and I must admit I am impressed by the light. Its a great light for the price. Shame the ordering process has been such a hassle for people. I must have been one of the lucky ones. I hope it all works out for the OP.
I'm still debating on buying these or two used hydra 32hd

Gill the 3rd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant speak to the Hydras, but to echo @bdesign post above. The noopsyches do look great and can put out a lot of light. Setting it up was pretty straightforward.

Some people complain about the app, but I thought it was fine. Ive seen a lot worse apps on more expensive equipment.

bdesign

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant speak to the Hydras, but to echo @bdesign post above. The noopsyches do look great and can put out a lot of light. Setting it up was pretty straightforward.

Some people complain about the app, but I thought it was fine. Ive seen a lot worse apps on more expensive equipment.

I was much less than excited about using the app (to say the least).

But thank goodness I found the post by @BeanAnimal with a link to his custom profile generator!

HOT DOG

He's the MAN.

Gill the 3rd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was much less than excited about using the app (to say the least).

But thank goodness I found the post by @BeanAnimal with a link to his custom profile generator!

HOT DOG

He's the MAN.
Oh wow that profile generator is awesome. Thanks for sharing that, I wasn't aware it existed. I just selected one of the preset profiles because I didn't want to edit all those values in the app. It looked brutal. Maybe that's why I thought it wasn't completely terrible.

OP
OP
C

cliftonrouse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still debating on buying these or two used hydra 32

Just took these videos for you

They look great.

I have an AI Hydra 26HD and 32, and don’t recall them looking this good.

Do you find the shimmer to be too much? I bought the SmatFarm and the shimmer is a little much for my liking. Kinda makes me sick when looking at it for an extended period of time.

bdesign

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you find the shimmer to be too much? I bought the SmatFarm and the shimmer is a little much for my liking. Kinda makes me sick when looking at it for an extended period of time.

I have the left side return directed downward (negligible surface agitation) and the right side upward (causing much more surface agitation).

The left side has essentially no shimmer on the sand bed.

On the right… Disco Party time.

Haha

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Sorry to everyone who has been delayed again. We had a death in the family last week and to say the least it's been rough. I have responded to every pm sent and am more than willing to help those who have been waiting with a discount on their order or on anything else they need. All orders will shipped priority. Again I am sorry for the delay and hope everyone can understand. This was my fault 100%, not noopsyche. Please pm me if you have an order you are waiting for. I know I have spoke with some of you already. I thank you all

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

cliftonrouse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to everyone who has been delayed again. We had a death in the family last week and to say the least it's been rough. I have to responded to every pm sent and am more than willing to help those who have been waiting with a discount on their order or on anything else they need. All orders will shipped priority. Again I am sorry for the delay and hope everyone can understand. This was my fault 100%, not noopsyche. Please pm me if you have an order you are waiting for. I know I have spoke with some of you already. I thank you all
He has attempted to make right with me. I will be giving the light a try. Life happens, but hope the company/you can find a backup plan if you become unavailable in the future. It is a stressfull situation when everything lies on one persons shoulders.

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to everyone who has been delayed again. We had a death in the family last week and to say the least it's been rough. I have responded to every pm sent and am more than willing to help those who have been waiting with a discount on their order or on anything else they need. All orders will shipped priority. Again I am sorry for the delay and hope everyone can understand. This was my fault 100%, not noopsyche. Please pm me if you have an order you are waiting for. I know I have spoke with some of you already. I thank you all
Understandable, I'll wait.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 113 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back