Noopsyche schedule help!

Hockeypunk1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently in the process of converting to led/t5 from metal halide/t5. I am sick of changing bulbs every year and I happened upon the Noopsyche hybrid fixture with the k7 pro LEDs. I will probably have to add 2 additional k7s in the future but for now this should be a good start!
I think I came up with a decent starting schedule and I will par test once the fixture is in place and fully operational. My question is will this schedule work?
15850881989163585942599341647274.jpg

OP
OP
Hockeypunk1

Hockeypunk1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any help with this is much appreciated! Here is a FTS just for fun! I have an acro and sps heavy mixed reef. Par is 200-250 towards the top of the rocks and drops to around 50-100 on the sandbed.
20200311_110921.jpg

TrevorHorn19

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any help with this is much appreciated! Here is a FTS just for fun! I have an acro and sps heavy mixed reef. Par is 200-250 towards the top of the rocks and drops to around 50-100 on the sandbed.
20200311_110921.jpg
Sorry not sure about your question. You have a great looking tank though, I like how the aquascape gives so much depth.

OP
OP
Hockeypunk1

Hockeypunk1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry not sure about your question. You have a great looking tank though, I like how the aquascape gives so much depth.
Thank you very much! I was really trying to have a bunch of archways! The only downside with this scape is I ran out of room very fast once my acros took off! Hahaha! Quite a problem to have

OP
OP
Hockeypunk1

Hockeypunk1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't do much with the T5. I am about to set one up and tinker with it.

@Manose has one setup and his tank looks incredible.
Thanks @dantimdad! It's a beautiful fixture! My question is about the schedule above that I was able to set up on the t5 fixture controller. What would you say about that schedule? It's just the picture of the paper that is above. What kind of schedule do you run?

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run a slightly modified version of the AB+ with less of the bright blue and a little more UV.

I can't find the chart with the settings. I would have to take a photo of them. I don't ramp up and down anymore I just run my lights in manual mode and use Alexa as a timer. It makes it easy to check on things when I am away.

OP
OP
Hockeypunk1

Hockeypunk1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run a slightly modified version of the AB+ with less of the bright blue and a little more UV.

I can't find the chart with the settings. I would have to take a photo of them. I don't ramp up and down anymore I just run my lights in manual mode and use Alexa as a timer. It makes it easy to check on things when I am away.
For some reason I never was notified that you replied. I plan to hang the lights today and test the par with the settings I have. Is there any particular reason you don't run much of the bright blue?
Also did you have trouble with the lights holding the schedule? I could always identify apex as a timer, that's what I'm currently doing with the halides anyway. I did look forward to the ramping with low blue and uv only just so I can see the corals pop under the blues. Which is what I don't get from the halides

OP
OP
Hockeypunk1

Hockeypunk1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just don't like as much "Windex" blue. To me it washes stuff out.
I know what you mean. I guess I'll have to see what it looks like once it's over my tank. I've been really apprehensive about moving to LEDs since I've done so well with halides. I'm definitely used to a whiter look. Using 14k Phoenix bulbs is far more white than any led reef that I've seen. As great as my corals look I feel that I can possibly get a little more pop using LEDs.
So was there any other reason you decided to put the lights on a seperate timer? Did you have any issues with the built in timer? Just curious.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a KISS guy. (Keep it simple sam)

I don't need ramp up and down as I run a separate moonlight. I never used a ramp before LEDs so I didn't see a need.

I use alexa instead of dial or digital timers. The scheduling is rock solid and takes into account for DST automatically.

I like being able to shut off the lights with my voice if I am doing something on the tank and I like turning them on if I need to look at something without going through a menu.

OP
OP
Hockeypunk1

Hockeypunk1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a KISS guy. (Keep it simple sam)

I don't need ramp up and down as I run a separate moonlight. I never used a ramp before LEDs so I didn't see a need.

I use alexa instead of dial or digital timers. The scheduling is rock solid and takes into account for DST automatically.

I like being able to shut off the lights with my voice if I am doing something on the tank and I like turning them on if I need to look at something without going through a menu.
The KISS method is probably the best for reef tanks! I can't say that my method is simple but it is effective, and fun! I have an overly elaborate setup with a basement sump and fish room. Thanks for answering my questions! I'll post some pictures when I have the lights all set up!

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The KISS method is probably the best for reef tanks! I can't say that my method is simple but it is effective, and fun! I have an overly elaborate setup with a basement sump and fish room. Thanks for answering my questions! I'll post some pictures when I have the lights all set up!

Please do. And you are most welcome!

OP
OP
Hockeypunk1

Hockeypunk1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20200406_104810.jpg
20200406_104717.jpg
20200406_104646.jpg
20200402_185420.jpg
20200402_185310.jpg
20200401_173730.jpg
Lights are up and all the coral seem to be adjusting nicely! As promised here are some photos!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back