Noopsyche

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have them over my 40Breeder and replaced my G2 radion pro xr30 with them and I am much happier with these lights compared to the old ecotech. I am able to get the par I was getting out of my radion. For the price to performance they are probably the best out there. They are about equal to an XR15 g4 light in output.
is the color pop as good as the radions? My hubby told me tonight to get the radions since my birthday is in a few weeks but I dont know if I want them that bad! I have seen the color pop at my lfs and was like WOW I want those but have never seen noopsyche in person. I have narrowed it to them or zetlight ufo's 95 watt version. The ufos are 249,00 plus 10 percent off so slightly more. My tank is rounded so I think it would look cool and might just save the noops for my square 120 gallon. They would look better with that. I will be getting one in about 6 months. I love that noop has all separate channels and like a remote even better than wifi. ufo has 4 channels. They do use cree though but must be low watts because there are 44 leds, little to much white and n ot enough blue but suppose I could keep the white turned down. If I go that route. Maybe radions and was looking into reef. hey looked amazing! So basically trying to decide from the 4. Noop being the least and then trying to decide from china ones or usa as well.

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
is the color pop as good as the radions? My hubby told me tonight to get the radions since my birthday is in a few weeks but I dont know if I want them that bad! I have seen the color pop at my lfs and was like WOW I want those but have never seen noopsyche in person. I have narrowed it to them or zetlight ufo's 95 watt version. The ufos are 249,00 plus 10 percent off so slightly more. My tank is rounded so I think it would look cool and might just save the noops for my square 120 gallon. They would look better with that. I will be getting one in about 6 months. I love that noop has all separate channels and like a remote even better than wifi. ufo has 4 channels. They do use cree though but must be low watts because there are 44 leds, little to much white and n ot enough blue but suppose I could keep the white turned down. If I go that route. Maybe radions and was looking into reef. hey looked amazing! So basically trying to decide from the 4. Noop being the least and then trying to decide from china ones or usa as well.
I have made the move from Radions to these lights twice.
Back in 2018 I went from a XR30 G2 pro to these over my 40B. Was very happy with them and now moving from XR15 G4 to these over my Reefer 350. They Pop just as much as a radion can do and the tank has a MUCH more 3D look because of the better shimmer. The XR15 with diffusers had minimal shimmer and looked VERY flat and with the fact with no diffusers they made me want to throw up. I personally would tell anyone to buy the Noopsyche over XR15 every day of the week. The only real advantage the Radion has is ability to do moonlight and the control ability is a little easier and you get unlimited data points to adjust. But then you dont need a million points to make the tank look and run great. 7 seems to be plenty.

ChrisNH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would kick these lights up as a possible choice for a spotlight to go with my Aquatic Life T-5 hybrid fixture to provide shimmer and some extra par on my 40B would be settings for different ATI bulbs and/or the Kessil spectrum confirmed with a spectrum analyzer. There is a lot of stuff out there where a user is tuning them to "look" the same but not an apples to apples comparison with settings.

I can pick up an apogee par meter with the money I save which will be great for tuning over all par but won't help with color.

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have made the move from Radions to these lights twice.
Back in 2018 I went from a XR30 G2 pro to these over my 40B. Was very happy with them and now moving from XR15 G4 to these over my Reefer 350. They Pop just as much as a radion can do and the tank has a MUCH more 3D look because of the better shimmer. The XR15 with diffusers had minimal shimmer and looked VERY flat and with the fact with no diffusers they made me want to throw up. I personally would tell anyone to buy the Noopsyche over XR15 every day of the week. The only real advantage the Radion has is ability to do moonlight and the control ability is a little easier and you get unlimited data points to adjust. But then you dont need a million points to make the tank look and run great. 7 seems to be plenty.
Thanks for reply. I was afraid noop shimmer would be to much it looks kind of strong but if radions made you sick and these dont then must not be. I like a small shimmer, kessils bit to strong. I have narrowed to 3 and cant decide! I just found that the ufo actually had 11 colors! Similar to orphek and the one that was on sale is the new model, they took away the colors and changed the special quartz lens that were dense martix using cree leds. They dont say what they are using now, must not be cree or they would say!

My hubby wants the radions. I figured they had the best color pop out there from videos. I know the g5 have the best spread for sure. Then the noops! If I get noops from China by far the cheapest. I like the way they look to, nice mount and I like a remote better than wifi actually! The newer model of ufos were on sale and same price as usa noop but they sold out and I rather have the other model I believe. I do likie having separate channels for every color.

Do you have the noops from USA or China? I honestly dont think they are fake, and that you tube basically looked like they werent either, cant wait for the conclusion! It seems crazy that I have radion against noop haha. The price difference is insane, then I think since I cant get UFO at 225 like b4 and its 299 then I think I may as well go with radion for 120 bucks a piece xtra, the thing is ufo comes with mounts and radion wants an arm and a leg for a mount! Noops mounts look like they might work with radion if I bought the piece that goes over the top! Have you ever tried to use noop mount on a radion?

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well said.

Yes, the testing has been done and continues to be done by @Manose and Sustainable Aquatics, where he is conducting his study became the official distributor after the test started.

I have one of these lights and helped one day with the test and continue to evaluate and compare to other lights I own.

They stack up against the best. I have designed and built a diffuser for mine and it works even better now.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

I will be adding Kessil's to my personal study and have already compared two black box brands and a Angel SP1 setup.
How do they compare to radions? Do you sell diffusers by anychance or want omak eone for me, that sif I go with them tha is. I have narrowed to radion and zetlights ufos. The ufos have something like 11 colors, plus pretty cool looking and a good price and uses cree lens. The nnew model that just cam out dosnt seem to be as good so probably go with older model. If I choose that one! I just cant decide haha. the hardest decision in m y life...lol What makes it so hard is you cant see in person!

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There ended up being an issue with every diffuser material I tried turning a funny color except for ones specifically made for cameras and it was way too expensive.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
The lights are tiny for the cost and seems heavy on white hues compared to other light choices.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lights are tiny for the cost and seems heavy on white hues compared to other light choices.

Which lights?

I tried the UFOs and sold them to get rid of them. I just did not like the way they made the tank look no matter what settings I tried.

The K7s on the other hand, even if I won the lottery, I would still use them. I would, however, pay someone to figure out an add on box to allow pc or phone control. No, not more features, just point and click setup without the dial. As it is, I set them to manual to the spectrum I want then use an alexa outlet to turn them on and off. It works out very well.

I have grown everything from plants in a 12 foot long tank to frags to a refugium. They just plain work and, dollar for dollar, you can't beat them.

My 240 reef has 5 of them and not one channel runs above 80%. Coverage is fantastic!

@Manose and I tested them against many lights and still stick with them.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Which lights?

I tried the UFOs and sold them to get rid of them. I just did not like the way they made the tank look no matter what settings I tried.

The K7s on the other hand, even if I won the lottery, I would still use them. I would, however, pay someone to figure out an add on box to allow pc or phone control. No, not more features, just point and click setup without the dial. As it is, I set them to manual to the spectrum I want then use an alexa outlet to turn them on and off. It works out very well.

I have grown everything from plants in a 12 foot long tank to frags to a refugium. They just plain work and, dollar for dollar, you can't beat them.

My 240 reef has 5 of them and not one channel runs above 80%. Coverage is fantastic!

@Manose and I tested them against many lights and still stick with them.
The original K7. Nice shimmer i must say though

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for reply. I was afraid noop shimmer would be to much it looks kind of strong but if radions made you sick and these dont then must not be. I like a small shimmer, kessils bit to strong. I have narrowed to 3 and cant decide! I just found that the ufo actually had 11 colors! Similar to orphek and the one that was on sale is the new model, they took away the colors and changed the special quartz lens that were dense martix using cree leds. They dont say what they are using now, must not be cree or they would say!

My hubby wants the radions. I figured they had the best color pop out there from videos. I know the g5 have the best spread for sure. Then the noops! If I get noops from China by far the cheapest. I like the way they look to, nice mount and I like a remote better than wifi actually! The newer model of ufos were on sale and same price as usa noop but they sold out and I rather have the other model I believe. I do likie having separate channels for every color.

Do you have the noops from USA or China? I honestly dont think they are fake, and that you tube basically looked like they werent either, cant wait for the conclusion! It seems crazy that I have radion against noop haha. The price difference is insane, then I think since I cant get UFO at 225 like b4 and its 299 then I think I may as well go with radion for 120 bucks a piece xtra, the thing is ufo comes with mounts and radion wants an arm and a leg for a mount! Noops mounts look like they might work with radion if I bought the piece that goes over the top! Have you ever tried to use noop mount on a radion?
the shimmer is between the kessil and a radion with a diffuser. not a strong as kessil but more pronounced then a radion with the diffuser. I bought mine at noopsycheusa

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 27 26.0%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 37 35.6%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 18 17.3%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 19 18.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back