nopox and Maxima Clams

bensoo00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will using nopox harm my 2 maxima clams in any way? I have roughly 20ppm nitrate but I want to lower it a bit. The clams are fine and are growing, as I can see from the new white shell parts near the mantle.

OP
OP
bensoo00

bensoo00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just let the system take care of itself. 20no3 is ok. Mayb just some
Water changes.
I see. I'll try but I got gifted the nopox from a friend and I have some acros that don't like the parameter swing. But yeah I'll just do more frequent water changes and change out my filter socks, just wondered if nopox had lanthanum or something that would harm the clams.

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I lived there before but the sps may have more of an issue w the elevated po4. But I would not chase numbers. I’d just try to export via skimmer, floss / sock/ and keep them clean along w water changes should b ok. May want to stop the gfo too. My sps did it like it.

i0nz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been running nopox with Maximas for years. My nitrates hit 0 this week unexpectedly and my clams are still as happy as a clam lol

Before you start using nopox you want to ensure you make proper calculations and start slow. Also make sure that your skimmer is adequate and if you dose, dose it during your photo period preferably

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you are concerned about 20 nitrates then I would say a water change would be more beneficial overall to the system than dropping chemicals into the tank.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nopox is pretty aggressive, so go slow and start with a 1/4 dose and slowly work your way up. Also, if there are no problems with your current levels, why move them? Numbers aren't the be all end all in this hobby and often lead people down a bumpy road of problems. Don't reef by numbers.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back