Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just wondering how it looks coming along. 3 weeks old vs 3 months old

20190812_122801.jpg IMGP6194.jpg

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remember, growth on our corals tend to be exponential. 1 into 2, 2 into 4, 4 into 8 heads, branches etc. It takes time to see significant growth. Ask after 1 year then we'll be able to better determine. It looks healthy and happy and that is the most important.

Justfebreezeit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My hammer flipped a switch one day and you couldn't slow that sucker down.

Above is absolutely right. After it hit 4 heads it took off

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine has swelled up nicely....... but then just stayed stagnant...... other things have taken off exponentially...... I just continue to monitor!

OP
OP
King Turkey

King Turkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice good to know it did split so it has one big head and two small I think the two small are trying to split. I just learned today about random flow and not having two power heads on 24/7 so I have a hydro power head controller now had to drive 3 hours to get it no local pet shop close to me. What I was told was because it is not growing up and only more heads and longer tentacle polyps that the constant flow is making it not wanna grow correctly. thoughts? either way I have them alternating every 15 min

Justfebreezeit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice good to know it did split so it has one big head and two small I think the two small are trying to split. I just learned today about random flow and not having two power heads on 24/7 so I have a hydro power head controller now had to drive 3 hours to get it no local pet shop close to me. What I was told was because it is not growing up and only more heads and longer tentacle polyps that the constant flow is making it not wanna grow correctly. thoughts? either way I have them alternating every 15 min

Random and alternating flow is definitely much better and will help keep the coral healthy.

However I had a hammer in my nano with very laminar flow and it grew plenty quick enough.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back