Normal?

shananigans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a newbie and am just starting to see the corals I have beginning to grow (thanks to fellow reefers who are generous contributors compared to the LFS) I thought I'd start a sort of funny thread asking other people how much time they spend with their nose an inch from the glass. Tonight, I had the opportunity to not be ridiculed by the significant other by my obsessiveness and sat and just stared at my tank for 2 hours... +..maybe :p No offense to the boyfriend but I get made fun of!!!

customcolor

The coRal nuT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my tank is in the living room so im able to look every day and i love it...every time i walk in to the back door and step into the kitchen the first thing i look at is the 125 sitting across the house...i have the lights set on it so they come on fully about 45 min before i get home and start sutting down when the wife wakes up for her 3rd shift job.....she sits next to me and says something i listen and look at her but sometimes i catch my self just lookin over her sholder to see the tank........sometimes she catches me and i say...."what???" while i shrug my sholders :D

crabbejoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mine visible from the couch so when we're watching tv, I look over at the tank. It's almost perfect except I have to turn my head to do it. I may have to move the tv. :)

kass03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do something funnier. I just got some more high end chalice frags for my nano and they are so small I have to put reading glasses on to check them out. So I sit on the floor in front of my nano with my glasses on and just watch them. My kid and hubby make fun of me but for what they cost I better get some entertainment out of them lol.
My other tanks are in the family room as you know so I can watch them all time without the reading glasses lol.

kass

OP
OP
shananigans

shananigans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, our tank is in the living room too and most of the time I'll watch the tank instead of the TV. We have a 50 inch and a 55 gallon so they're almost the same size! Fun stuff! Kass, you gotta get a big magnifying glass! How long do those take to grow?

ziggy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is in the wall right near our large TV. When the girlfriend makes me watch those "chick flick" movies I find myself just staring in my tank the whole time. Shh.. She thinks I am beginning to like those movies.. haha

kass03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They take forever to grow. I'll prolly be dead before I can see them lol especially the pink ******* cuz it's tiny (I keep saying it's so small it don't need a bra).
I used to have an aquarium magnifying glass but dunno what happened to it as I rarely used it.

kass

OP
OP
shananigans

shananigans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pink *******..nice! BTW those frilly mushrooms from you are awesome! The are almost hot pink in my tank and seem to have grown. Pinwheels are also multiplying! I can't wait to get more stuff, but I seem to have a nitrate issue still so I'm waiting until I get it under control.

Jhildebrand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW, either way you're so not normal.........!!!

I don't think anyone that keeps a reef is "normal". However, this is coming from the guy that was checking out USB microscopes on Ebay so he could see the really little things even better though, so maybe I'm not the one to ask.....

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 46 29.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 43 27.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 34.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.1%

Back