Northern nv reef club

George Willings

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, it was refusing to eat. I have since been able to coax it into eating and has filled back out. This anemone is an *******.

LostXTRsurfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well glad it started to eat and fill back out. It might have been annoyed by something like a crab going after it every night or something like that. It happened to me once where my elegance had something a crab wanted but I didnt notice until I setup a Video Camera and caught the little point of sale.

Denise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there everyone. I’m new to R2R and reefing in general. Would love to hear your tips and tricks and any helpful advice for reefing in the desert [emoji5] Cheers!

ReefEco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone - newish to the Reno area, and wondering if there is still a Reno reef club operating? Are there meetings or any get-togethers? It would be great to meet some local reefers and see some tanks!

Thanks!

Reef_Pilot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone - newish to the Reno area, and wondering if there is still a Reno reef club operating? Are there meetings or any get-togethers? It would be great to meet some local reefers and see some tanks!

Thanks!

Not any formal club that I know of, but you can try “Reno Reef Geeks” or “Reno Reef Club” on Facebook.

WilliG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks!
Just a few of us here on Reef 2 Reef, lots on FB in both groups mentioned. Fernley here

NVCyberPro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am down in Carson City, I don't do facebook but am interested in trading corals or buying them from Reefers in our area.

If anyone is still checking this out you can contact me [email protected] 775-301-8149 Thanks

ReefEco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey James, interested as well, and also not a big FB'er. I'll be ordering my tank probably next month and starting by build, so would love to meet and get to know some local reefers in the area. I'm on the other side of the lake from you in Truckee, and get into Reno often as my wife works there. What kinda setup you got?

NVCyberPro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey James, interested as well, and also not a big FB'er. I'll be ordering my tank probably next month and starting by build, so would love to meet and get to know some local reefers in the area. I'm on the other side of the lake from you in Truckee, and get into Reno often as my wife works there. What kinda setup you got?

I have a 150 gallon with a 29G QT for fish & 29G QT for coral. Right now I have a mix of fish but only keep mushrooms, softies and LPS. Nice to meet you virtually :)

ReefEco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, a smart man - separate QT's for fish a corals - brilliant! I just have my separate QT systems setup right now - also a 29 for corals, and a 37g for fish (just a little longer). I'm planning a larger build soon, already have all the gear and waiting to order the main tank. I'm getting impatient. Been holding off connecting with the local reef scene really until I get my tank up, but hopefully soon will come meet people and spread some frag-buying love around to start stocking. Been planning this tank and fishroom for like 3 frickin' years...

Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 11.50.26 AM.png

NVCyberPro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just posted in the General Forum looking if we had a Northern Nevada site. Looks like we do, but is it still active?

@NVCyberPro
Were you the one I got some trumpets and shrooms from in Carson?
Doesn't sound familiar, however a few years back I broke down a 90 gallon and sold alot of fuzzy mushrooms and frogspawn?

NVCyberPro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really active on Reef2Reef, mainly the Reno Reef Club facebook group. Once I get my tank up and I'd be down for hosting some meetings or BBQ's though for locals...
I don't have a facebook account, I would like to meet some locals to swap and or buy / sell corals from etc.

RevMH

Happy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really active on Reef2Reef, mainly the Reno Reef Club facebook group. Once I get my tank up and I'd be down for hosting some meetings or BBQ's though for locals...
I'll have to go check out the page. I don't really do the Facebook thing, but I'm curious to see who is out there.

Back