Not another Triton Labs question

Treefer32

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did my annual ICP test. In the past year, I've made the following changes to my water chemistry:
switched from IO to Reef Crystals and replaced most of my water with Reef Crystals
Added Magnesium chloride and Magnesium Sulfate to my dosing
Dosing Red Sea Trace elements A,B,C, and D around 35 ml once per week.

I run a skimmer and algae turf scrubber. Not sure if that removes some of the trace elements or not.

Some of my results that were annoying is several trace elements were zero despite me dosing them, and others were high....

Here's a link to the results: Triton Results

Things I noticed:

Aluminum Last year: 3.7 ug / l This year: 4 ug / l

Lithium Last Year: 284 ug / l This year: 362 ug / l

Iodine: at 174 ug/ l which I'm sure is from dosing, Triton says it should be under 90?

Iron: at 14 ug / l which is from dosing, Triton says Iron should be 0?

The only one I wish was above zero is Manganese. It's part of the Iron trace element in the Red Sea trace elements. So, in order to dose manganese I have to dose iron. My understanding is gonipora like manganese. I don't think I'm going to change anything, if anything I may simply by a manganese additive and call the reef chemistry well balanced.

I think my only concerns are aluminum and lithium. Do either of those pose a problem to corals in the amounts reported? All the other heavy metals are zero.

Not sure if either of those would affect anything nor do I know where either are coming from.

CNDReef

Formally Toomanyfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you really want to take control over your elements , I’d recommend looking into reef moonshiners. You dial in every individual element instead of having them all in one bottle and not being able to increase/decrease any of them.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back