NOT Japanese acanthastrea maxima

jandlms

Reef Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a lot of easily fooled people in the world. Reefkeepers are no exception. As for this guy lying poorly, well sometimes the big ridiculous lie works well because people want to believe it. Hitler was signing peace and cooperation treaties with Poland the day before he invaded. Some people with more money than sense will always be out there. My question is why ebay has not put the clamps on this guy for false advertising. In my opinion it does reflect on ebay that they do not police their sales a little more. Sorry for the poor grammar its a little early.

TyreeUM

the other Tyree...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you guys know for sure it is not an A. maxima? I have only seen a couple maximas in my life and only one of them had multiple polyps and I remember it looking like a Symphyllia. I guess you guys would know better than me but if it really isn't a maxima I hope the guy truly believes it is. If it isn't he probobly bought it as a maxima from someone else who ripped him off. I could care less if people are selling or trading zoas and palys and calling them whatever they want cause they have that right and if its not the "purple people eater" that you think should be called a purple people eater there is no need to get all bent out of shape over it cause its just a meaningless name-look at the picture and if you want it, buy it-if you dont get over it. Sorry if Im ranting-my point is-call a coral whatever fake name you want-but when you start changing true Genus and Species names thats where I think you are a dirt scumbag.

OP
OP
Zeppelin

Zeppelin

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maxima skeleton:

911BW-03.jpg

Polyps

911-01.jpg

Pics courtesy of Whelks

E-bay item
f37e_12.JPG

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you guys know for sure it is not an A. maxima? I have only seen a couple maximas in my life and only one of them had multiple polyps and I remember it looking like a Symphyllia. I guess you guys would know better than me but if it really isn't a maxima I hope the guy truly believes it is. If it isn't he probobly bought it as a maxima from someone else who ripped him off. I could care less if people are selling or trading zoas and palys and calling them whatever they want cause they have that right and if its not the "purple people eater" that you think should be called a purple people eater there is no need to get all bent out of shape over it cause its just a meaningless name-look at the picture and if you want it, buy it-if you dont get over it. Sorry if Im ranting-my point is-call a coral whatever fake name you want-but when you start changing true Genus and Species names thats where I think you are a dirt scumbag.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A JAPANESE MAXIMA:

and yes, i am sure that is not a maxima

OP
OP
Zeppelin

Zeppelin

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I questioned his calling it Japanese also. Here is what I just got back.

"Japanese is a term used in the hobby for describing high end Trachophyllia and Acan due to the prices the Japanese hobbyeist pay for them. It's not a description of geography where they come from."

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

"Japanese is a term used in the hobby for describing high end Trachophyllia and Acan due to the prices the Japanese hobbyeist pay for them. It's not a description of geography where they come from."

that might be the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard; i am pretty sure no japanese would pay for a lobo labeled as a A. maxima

Smarsh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well, I think there is a problem with calling things what they are not. It is called false advertisement. He is taking advantage of people who might not know any better and that is wrong. People can get into big trouble for that. I do believe that I will report him as it is against Ebay policy.

I don't buy from him period and never will so that part doesn't bother me. I just think it is wrong.

Sandy

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is his response to an email i sent him yesterday pointing out that there is no such thing as a japanese acan and telling him that he shouldn't scam people

OK ... I am a scammer...SUE ME !!

You are so ignorant....Whatever...

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if i lived anywhere near toledo i would have to stop by his place and leave something stinky on his doorstep, like a dead cow

organism

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

wow, in that case I've got some japanese florida rics, this guy is a weenie, and him stating that makes him an ignorant, relatively racist weenie in my opinion

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow, in that case I've got some japanese florida rics, this guy is a weenie, and him stating that makes him an ignorant, relatively racist weenie in my opinion

I was hoping to report him to ebay as selling japanese corals which is clearly illegal, but they only let you report it, not specify what issue there is with it. afaik

OP
OP
Zeppelin

Zeppelin

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I actually started a thread over on RC, in the lps forum, asking the opinion of the statement. Just want to make sure it isn't a trend I am not aware of. ;)

ricordianut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow this guy is a real idiot man i sent him a question on this asking him how he knows this is a acan maxima since they nearlly impossible to get and this was his response to me and some of ther stuff he said i cant post here because little kids visit this site

I don't have to tell you anything since you already think it's illegal...hehehe.

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its another Mr. Comic book guy!!!!

yesssssssss lol

ricordianut....no kids read this site...what are you talking about? lol j/k but seriously, post what he said so i can see then we'll censor as we see fit. ;)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back