Not really happy with ai

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all i switched out my old prime hds for the new prime 16 reefs and I’m not to pleased and wish I didn’t at this point . When I switch them out the 2 lights never matched colour one one ramp down would be a nice blue and other would put out a purple colour . I contacted ai and after a few emails the replaces the one under warranty I was very happy . When I received the new one I hooked it up and running the same schedule and now the new one is way more blue then the other one And at this point I’m pretty mad. I really like these lights and would like to keep them but at this point I would like too sell them and get something else .

claus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you look at each line individually to make sure that the right diodes were installed per channel. I say this because when i bought my first hydras (non-hd) the violet channels had the wrong diodes installed. I called ai and they sent me new pucks. The person helping me said it happens (though rarely) as part of the manufacturing process.

OP
OP
Kfactor

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just put in manual mode and turned on blues to 8% and this is what I got I think this is crazy

DCCE4B9B-88B8-494D-997B-7C8D011DB79D.jpeg

Jman76

Keeper of Greens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's quite a difference. I have a prime hd on my 13g nano. I wanted a 2nd one and couldn't find one, so grabbed a 16. Now I have one of each side by side and they seem ok. I'm going to try what you did and see if a difference...

claus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the lights are the same model, do the following: Turn on blue (right fixture) and deep blue (left fixture) and see it the colors match. Do the opposite deep blue (right fixture) and blue (left fixture) and see it colors match. If they do you have the wrong type of led installed in a line.

intricate_reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just put in manual mode and turned on blues to 8% and this is what I got I think this is crazy

DCCE4B9B-88B8-494D-997B-7C8D011DB79D.jpeg

I had this same problem with my regular prime HDs. Contacted them and they sent me out another unit so I could match them to either one of mine, I did have to give them a credit card for deposit. Im not sure what the issue is but it it a common problem. Recently I bought some used primes and am having the same issue again.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 150 88.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back