Not sure what my sebae anemone is doing...

OP
OP
WhiskeyCoffee

WhiskeyCoffee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my 'nem has made itself comfortable in the BACK of my tank... Aka not visible from the front. It looks like his foot is attached to the rock and for the most part he is staying open. Unfortunately I will not be able to feed him where is at so hopefully he will move soon.

Should I move him or leave him be?

MNZjRWE.jpg

icRUQWf.jpg

Nemguy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I would leave him be and try as hard as you can to sqirt some mysids his way moving nems kills nems best to let them do their thing

Trex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless it is "head" down in the sand, I would just leave it.

OP
OP
WhiskeyCoffee

WhiskeyCoffee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think he may be dying. He tried to crawl up the side of the rock and ended up falling down, landing upside down. I righted him to help him and the next day tried to feed him and he didn't take the food. Also it looks like some of his tentacles may be deflated. I feel like a failure and I'm also ticked for buying a dying anemone.

Nemguy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I think he may be dying. He tried to crawl up the side of the rock and ended up falling down, landing upside down. I righted him to help him and the next day tried to feed him and he didn't take the food. Also it looks like some of his tentacles may be deflated. I feel like a failure and I'm also ****** for buying a dying anemone.
It happens and the LFS aren't any better for selling bleached anemones it can be a hit or miss you've done everything you can to help the Nem.

OP
OP
WhiskeyCoffee

WhiskeyCoffee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty sure the 'nem is dying. He only opens up at night and then during the day he looks deflated and closed up like this. He won't accept meaty food either. Just waiting for him to die fully so I can remove him and move on... ;'(

p6nhQbQ.jpg

Nem4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waiting for him to die so you can move on? Come on. Thats not fair. Figure it out. You are responsible to do everything you can for that animal. If it does die, then live and learn. Until then, check everything. Lights to bright? Temp creep up during the day? What about flow? Try feeding him less, smaller pieces, not as often? Be patient and give it time. It may be something so small, or nothing at all. By the way, I too am nursing a bleached sebea back to health. Good luck to you both!

20160904_073722.jpg

Chelsea0872

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He was prob cleaning himself.
I rescued one and he is doin great but he did move alot at first I just waited until he got settled in and now he pretty much stays put. His coloring is more grayish now hope he is good. Accepting food and mouth is open and clear.

Back