Not sure what this is

H.Greenleaf tank

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 19, 2026
Messages
21
Reaction score
31
Location
north adams
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20260407_171017_57B5E8B1-0208-4AC7-8551-755B3CEF90AF.png
Wife found this in the tank. I have no clue what it is. Any help with be grateful. New tank 2 months old at the end of diatom cycle.
 
Looks like a possible Operculum from a snail. That's basically like the door to their shells. Did you recently lose any Turbo Snails? That one looks like it has a little flesh on it which means it's probably fairly fresh/recent.
 
20260407_171017_57B5E8B1-0208-4AC7-8551-755B3CEF90AF.png
Wife found this in the tank. I have no clue what it is. Any help with be grateful. New tank 2 months old at the end of diatom cycle.
Can you flip it over and get a pic?
It looks like something was dropped in the tank or came off a piece of equipment. I'm guessing here.
How big is it?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new