Not sure where to place wavemaker and what setting is best for each

FrancineJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a biocube 32
I have 2 aqamai KPS wavemaker....

Basically I am not sure where to place them how much flow to leave them on (rated up to 1050gph) I am not sure if I should leave one on constant flow (not meaning at 1050 gph... lol I know they have to be dialed back) and one on a different pattern... I’m a bit lost...
Right now I have the regular output just pointed straight across the water surface
I have 1 kps on the right back by the 2 intakes and one on the left pointed more towards my rock....

I just have them set on constant flow right now because my cycle is done but the tank is still empty....but I am adding a small cuc tomorrow (only 4 snails for now because I got like no algae basicslly at all during my cycle and will add more as and if needed) but I also have my first fish coming Friday afternoon
I will be holding off on ANY corals until the 5-6 month mark or so but I’d like to get the best placement for my wavemakers for proper flow and then base where I put my corals down the road based on where my flow is already....

The only thing I know is when to set it to feeding (because we feed same time everyday)

And then set it to night time mode when the lights are just about ranked down completely and switch it back to whatever mode when they start to ramp up in the am

I just don’t know where the best placement is and what (how much total flow I should have)
Also have upgraded pump to an MJ1200 from stock and have InTank media and Fuge ( Chaeto coming tomorrow as well)

There are a couple picture to help... the one on the right is pointing towards the right back of the rock and the one on the left is pointed more straight across at the rock
And the normal return nozzle is just pointed out straight across the water

E951AFEC-D896-4782-8CC0-8ED727465D11.png

47BD9BBA-7F4E-4858-9138-5EE4C0AC738F.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

FrancineJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corals won’t be for like 4- 6 months or so..
Right now I’m basically looking for the best places to put them to kill dead spots and make sure that the tank is getting decent flow all around... I just screwed around with a bunch of different pre sets and changed a few things... I’ll know so enough if it’s too much or too little because my snails and fish will be blown around or I’ll end up with a bunch of dead spots and a ton of algae
I will only be keeping soft corals and possibly a few “easier LPS” down the road that’s it

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 39 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 151 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.7%

Back